Track The NL Central Champion Reds (Week 14)

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were none deserving.

Cueto by stats but he doesn't have the innings pitched. Cueto's ERA and WHIP are lower than every starter (including Halladay, Jurrjens, Hamels, etc.) but he doesn't have the innings. The only starter close to Cueto in those two key stats is Josh Johnson.

Cueto by stats but he doesn't have the innings pitched. Cueto's ERA and WHIP are lower than every starter (including Halladay, Jurrjens, Hamels, etc.) but he doesn't have the innings. The only starter close to Cueto in those two key stats is Josh Johnson.

I was talking about starters, not players deserving of getting on the team. Since starting pitchers aren't voted by fans no Reds players were deserving of a starting spot. I agree Cueto deserved to be on the team.

Ok. I had no intention that they did but now that you bring it up Phillips has a pretty good argument over Weeks.

Not really. The only place stats that Phillips is better than Weeks in is RBIs and BA. Weeks bats leadoff so his RBI opportunities are limited and Weeks makes up for the BA difference with a virtually identical OBP. Weeks leads Phillips is Runs, Doubles, Triples, Homers, Walks, Stolen Bases, Slugging Percentage and OPS and his WAR is higher too. The homerun difference was even more pronounced when voting ended as Phillips 2 homer game was after voting closed. Phillips belonged on the team as does Bruce and Votto (since Pujols is out). I think Bruce or Votto should start as DH.