What Planned Parenthood Does

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I absolutely do look at them as an evil entity, as they do pay their employees to perform murder. The latest figures I've heard (2007) show numbers of abortions in the US to be around 1.3 million annually. That's 3,561 lives that are destroyed every day because someone decides they aren't willing to deal with the consequences of their actions and opt to kill the human life that has resulted from their personal lack of responsibility. I don't care how much good Planned Parenthood does. They kill babies.

If I were a wealthy philanthropist who gave millions of dollars to charities, I helped feed the hungry, clothe the poor, and nurse the sick, would you overlook me killing and dismembering a random homeless person, or would you call for me to be locked away?

Even if dismembering homeless people was legal under the law?

The bolded is not always the reason.

On a yearly basis, rape or incest account for somewhere between .25% and 1% of abortions.

Here is a survey conducted by the Guttmacher Institute - a non-profit institute that works to advance reproductive/sexual health - about why US women have abortions. Scroll down to Table 2 on page 113 (it's the 4th page). Excepting rape and incest, all of the "reasons" for having an abortion reflect poor choices and irresponsibility. For the sake of example, the number one reason: "Having a baby would dramatically change my life". NO FREAKING KIDDING IT WOULD. If you aren't ready for that, don't have sex - or at very least, practice safe sex. Number two reason: "Can't afford a baby right now". Well, if that's the case, I say again, don't have sex, or at very least, practice safe sex. Number three reason: "Don't want to be a single mother or having relationship problems". Once again, you don't want to be a single mom, don't have sex, or practice safe sex.

I stand strongly behind my statement about people being unwilling to deal with the consequences of their actions.

The % they use are based on the number of services - not the number of people.

It makes it a little misleading though, don't you think?

Based on their number of 11.4M @ 3% that means roughly 342,000 women come in for abortion counciling. If the 330,000 abortions firgure is correct, then 96.4% of women who go there for abortion counciling end up having an abortion.

Or am I missing something here?

On a yearly basis, rape or incest account for somewhere between .25% and 1% of abortions.

Here is a survey conducted by the Guttmacher Institute - a non-profit institute that works to advance reproductive/sexual health - about why US women have abortions. Scroll down to Table 2 on page 113 (it's the 4th page). Excepting rape and incest, all of the "reasons" for having an abortion reflect poor choices and irresponsibility. For the sake of example, the number one reason: "Having a baby would dramatically change my life". NO FREAKING KIDDING IT WOULD. If you aren't ready for that, don't have sex - or at very least, practice safe sex. Number two reason: "Can't afford a baby right now". Well, if that's the case, I say again, don't have sex, or at very least, practice safe sex. Number three reason: "Don't want to be a single mother or having relationship problems". Once again, you don't want to be a single mom, don't have sex, or practice safe sex.

I stand strongly behind my statement about people being unwilling to deal with the consequences of their actions.

Solid information. And it comes from Guttmacher, which essentially is the research arm for Planned Parenthood.

As it relates to abortion, I've come to most appreciate the following quote from Mother Teresa. This quote speaks volumes, I would think especially to those who are strong advocates of social justice, since Mother Teresa spent her entire life giving everything to the less fortunate. She once said, "We cannot fight credibly against other social and moral evils, including poverty and violence, while we tolerate mass killings by abortion."

As it relates to abortion, I've come to most appreciate the following quote from Mother Teresa. This quote speaks volumes, I would think especially to those who are strong advocates of social justice, since Mother Teresa spent her entire life giving everything to the less fortunate. She once said, "We cannot fight credibly against other social and moral evils, including poverty and violence, while we tolerate mass killings by abortion."

A a Catholic, Mother Teresa would also have been against any form of contraception, correct? And by that thought isn't contraception an effort to avoid pregnancy? Should we eliminate health departments providing different forms of contraception?

I'm not asking this to be smart because I don't know the answer. I'm just thinking about other strategies Planned Parenthood uses to help.

A a Catholic, Mother Teresa would also have been against any form of contraception, correct? And by that thought isn't contraception an effort to avoid pregnancy? Should we eliminate health departments providing different forms of contraception?

I'm not asking this to be smart because I don't know the answer. I'm just thinking about other strategies Planned Parenthood uses to help.

Not sure, because I'm unaware of the Catholic views regarding birth control. Are they against that entirely or just some forms?

The Catholic Church teaches that contraception in all forms is a sin. They teach "birth control" by means of Natural Family Planning, where women monitor their monthly cycle and can therefore identify when they will and when they won't conceive from sex. It does require two things in particular, both of which many people refuse to do: 1) Abstain from sex on certain days of the month, and 2) be consistent and vigilant in monitoring the woman's monthly cycle.

I do wish abortion was illegal. But more than that, I want the reasons that women choose abortion to be eradicated. I want VIABLE options and more than a little more community involvement in the issue. We have no problem spending millions of dollars to try and find ways to make gangs go away, to find ways to keep kids off drugs. Yet we only think overturning Roe vs. Wade is what needs to be done to address abortion.

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/journals/3711005.pdf

Page 4 and down provide the reasons on why women choose abortion according to the link which was provided by colonels_wear_blue.