What Planned Parenthood Does

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Apparently there is.
That's why I was in favor of the mandatory ultrasound.. At least instead of everyone telling the mother that what is inside her is not a baby, let her see the fingers and toes, arms, legs.. And let her listen to the heartbeat then let her decide if it's a baby or just a thing...

Is that the same as 1st degree murder? Do you advocate putting women in prison for life for their murder?

That's why I was in favor of the mandatory ultrasound.. At least instead of everyone telling the mother that what is inside her is not a baby, let her see the fingers and toes, arms, legs.. And let her listen to the heartbeat then let her decide if it's a baby or just a thing...

And your thoughts on my question above?

Is that the same as 1st degree murder? Do you advocate putting women in prison for life for their murder?
Not for life... Age of the mother would have a lot to do with it... It would be hard to put away a mother that already has kids to tend to for any amount of time... Real hard question..

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if a woman is, say, 3 months pregnant and is mugged and struck in the stomach and loses her baby, cannot the attacker be prosecuted for murder (or at least manslaughter?). Thus it seems that only the mother's will (or lack of it) to have a child is the deciding factor as to whether or not the unborn has any "rights". Or am I way off on this?

I was asking UKMF his opinion. I am quite certain that I quoted him.
Sorry I didn't even notice the quote.. I thought you were asking.. Question: What if one of your students asked you the question if what was inside her a baby or not??

Not for life... Age of the mother would have a lot to do with it... It would be hard to put away a mother that already has kids to tend to for any amount of time... Real hard question..

Either it's murder or it isnt. If an 18 year old mother of 3 killed her 2 year old would you have a problem sending her to prison just because she had 2 other kids to tend to.

Look. You're either committed to believing it's murder or you're not. You can't say it's murder but then not be willing to punish the murderer like the guy who shoots a 7-year-old boy.

On the first question, yes.

On the second question, they would go through the same process as any other person accused/convicted of the same charge. I answer that way because not all convictions have the same sentence.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if a woman is, say, 3 months pregnant and is mugged and struck in the stomach and loses her baby, cannot the attacker be prosecuted for murder (or at least manslaughter?). Thus it seems that only the mother's will (or lack of it) to have a child is the deciding factor as to whether or not the unborn has any "rights". Or am I way off on this?

Hence, the woman's right to choose & yet another example of gross inconsistency.

I wish abortion were illegal. But even more than that, I wish people would understand that if it were, even bigger issues would loom. I think that before we need to stop looking at the legality of abortion as the issue, and start looking at the reasons people choose abortion and working toward resolutions there. I think that we need to stop thinking that the ultimate end-result is that abortion be illegal. Because that's a super-simplistic view of the issue. Never, in any of the posts I've read on this site debating abortion, have foes of the procedure addressed any of the roots of the issue. Never have they offered any thoughts on what can be done to address the social problem that it is. Foes have boiled it down to a single cause, but it's inextricably woven into victim's rights, women's rights, poverty, moral and ethical causes. Making it illegal will NOT prevent abortions. And shouldn't the prevention of abortions be the issue, not whether it's legal or illegal?

I wish this post was taken more seriously. It’s an excellent articulation of one of the problems with this abortion and Planned Parenthood debate. For me, abortion is a deeply complex issue and one I can’t speak about with any level of certainty. I don’t believe either side of the debate has the absolute correct answer either. But, I think a harder look at why abortions occur, how to prevent them, and how we deal with children given up after birth is both necessary and nearly ignored in the clamor to demonize the other side.