Who stays, who goes?

thebigfella23

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shaping up to be one of the worst drafts ever.

Of those we know are going at this time, Irving is about the only one I have any faith will amount to much in relation to where he is chosen in the draft (sorry, not buying Derrick Williams). This draft has the chance to be historically bad, imo. Heck, Jimmer Fredette may work his way in to the top 10.... seriously.

Of those we know are going at this time, Irving is about the only one I have any faith will amount to much in relation to where he is chosen in the draft (sorry, not buying Derrick Williams). This draft has the chance to be historically bad, imo. Heck, Jimmer Fredette may work his way in to the top 10.... seriously.

What about Kanter?

What about Kanter?

We can all pretend Kanter will be good and his legend grew once he became ineligible, but not one person has any clue how good (or bad) he would have played in college or project to the pros. I have no way of evaluating him other than in an all star game and some highlight reels. If you watch UK warm-up Vargas and Hood would be all conference. In other words, I can't really say. Same for any international player.

Even if Kanter becomes a perennial all star this will still be one of the worst drafts ever.

Agreed. Luckily, there won't be an NBA next year so this draft is kind of meaningless anyways. The players drafted might as well be apart of the 2012 NBA Draft.

No way. Who wants that besides the agents? The teams love that high school kids have to play a year against better talent so they can judge them better. Why would current players want guys coming in a year earlier taking jobs away from veterans? As others have said if the rule changes it would go to 2 years out of high school.

It's not the players it's more The GM's want to make better investments and safer pick in the draft in order to do that, the kids have to stay in college to be evaluated more.

Even if Kanter becomes a perennial all star this will still be one of the worst drafts ever.

Agreed. It was going to be bad with the likes of Sullinger, Barnes, and Perry Jones. Now, with it appearing that all three of those guys are staying in college, it may indeed go down as the worst draft ever.

Agreed. It was going to be bad with the likes of Sullinger, Barnes, and Perry Jones. Now, with it appearing that all three of those guys are staying in college, it may indeed go down as the worst draft ever.

For once it seems like the cool thing to do is to come back to school. Players stocks are rising due to default. Could end up being a record year for overseas players being drafted.

For once it seems like the cool thing to do is to come back to school. Players stocks are rising due to default. Could end up being a record year for overseas players being drafted.

I'm tempted to say that some of these guys are looking at the perceived inevitability of a 2-year rule being enforced by the NBA & thinking that they're draft stock will be higher next year. But you look at these three guys especially, and I'm not so sure they'll go any higher next year than this. I can see where a guy like Terrence Jones would come back & improve his stock significantly. But with these three in particular, I wouldn't think they could go much higher in 2012.