Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who stays, who goes?

Featured Replies

Ohhhh... OK I honestly wasn't really sure how the lockout works. How far into the season is it expected to go?

 

That is the question no one knows the answer too. I should have said IMO there will be a season just a shortened one. It's hard to say how long it will take. They have a lot of things work out.

  • Replies 150
  • Views 20.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ohhhh... OK I honestly wasn't really sure how the lockout works. How far into the season is it expected to go?

 

Everything I've read and seen has indicated that most believe it will be a long one. Longer than the last one that claimed 30 games...

I'm tempted to say that some of these guys are looking at the perceived inevitability of a 2-year rule being enforced by the NBA & thinking that they're draft stock will be higher next year. But you look at these three guys especially, and I'm not so sure they'll go any higher next year than this. I can see where a guy like Terrence Jones would come back & improve his stock significantly. But with these three in particular, I wouldn't think they could go much higher in 2012.

 

Very true. That could be the reasoning behind them returning.

I'm tempted to say that some of these guys are looking at the perceived inevitability of a 2-year rule being enforced by the NBA & thinking that they're draft stock will be higher next year. But you look at these three guys especially, and I'm not so sure they'll go any higher next year than this. I can see where a guy like Terrence Jones would come back & improve his stock significantly. But with these three in particular, I wouldn't think they could go much higher in 2012.

 

This brings up a good point....Read an article the other day that said if the 2 year rule is instituted, it will go into effect immediately, meaning the 2011 class will have to stay 2 years....Let's say Jones & Knight both leave. That gives UK a roster next season of:

 

DeAndre Liggins

Darius Miller

Eloy Vargas

Jon Hood

Stacey Poole

Doron Lamb

Twany Beckham

Jared Polson

Marques Teague

Anthony Davis

Michael Gilchrist

Kyle Wiltjer

 

Just think how good they'd be in 2012 if those Fr. are as good as advertised?

Calipari is set to visit Trevor Lacey on Friday. Tells me that Brandon Knight is gone.

Calipari is set to visit Trevor Lacey on Friday. Tells me that Brandon Knight is gone.

 

Or Liggins ... or Hood ... or Poole ... or Lamb ... or more than one of them ...

Or Liggins ... or Hood ... or Poole ... or Lamb ... or more than one of them ...

 

True, but Cal met with Knight yesterday & now it comes out that he's visiting Lacey on Friday.

I thought Liggins fiance(sp) said he was returning to campus?

With summer league being canceled and the deadline to enter the draft approaching it's gut check time for some underclassmen.

I thought Liggins fiance(sp) said he was returning to campus?

 

She did...

With summer league being canceled and the deadline to enter the draft approaching it's gut check time for some underclassmen.

 

The Summer League is not officially canceled yet. But you are right. Gut check time is near.

Mike Pratt seems to think that of the four (Jones, Knight, Lamb, & Liggins) Liggins is most certainly gone. He also believes Lamb is most certainly back. Says he thinks Jones is leaning toward coming back & Knight probably will go pro.

Mike Pratt seems to think that of the four (Jones, Knight, Lamb, & Liggins) Liggins is most certainly gone. He also believes Lamb is most certainly back. Says he thinks Jones is leaning toward coming back & Knight probably will go pro.

 

I saw that. Can't say I blame Liggins one bit if that's the case. He's got more than himself to think about with his decision. Knight would probably be dumb to come back.

 

Jones and Lamb come back, this team is absolutely loaded.

I saw that. Can't say I blame Liggins one bit if that's the case. He's got more than himself to think about with his decision. Knight would probably be dumb to come back.

 

Jones and Lamb come back, this team is absolutely loaded.

 

I agree. Certainly can't fault Liggins for thinking about being a bread-winner for his family. I find it hard to believe that Knight's stock can improve by staying a year. I personally believe he'll go in the top 10. I still think Jones is gone, but I'm not nearly as certain as I once was.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.