Who stays, who goes?

thebigfella23

Ohhhh... OK I honestly wasn't really sure how the lockout works. How far into the season is it expected to go?

That is the question no one knows the answer too. I should have said IMO there will be a season just a shortened one. It's hard to say how long it will take. They have a lot of things work out.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm tempted to say that some of these guys are looking at the perceived inevitability of a 2-year rule being enforced by the NBA & thinking that they're draft stock will be higher next year. But you look at these three guys especially, and I'm not so sure they'll go any higher next year than this. I can see where a guy like Terrence Jones would come back & improve his stock significantly. But with these three in particular, I wouldn't think they could go much higher in 2012.

Very true. That could be the reasoning behind them returning.

I'm tempted to say that some of these guys are looking at the perceived inevitability of a 2-year rule being enforced by the NBA & thinking that they're draft stock will be higher next year. But you look at these three guys especially, and I'm not so sure they'll go any higher next year than this. I can see where a guy like Terrence Jones would come back & improve his stock significantly. But with these three in particular, I wouldn't think they could go much higher in 2012.

This brings up a good point....Read an article the other day that said if the 2 year rule is instituted, it will go into effect immediately, meaning the 2011 class will have to stay 2 years....Let's say Jones & Knight both leave. That gives UK a roster next season of:

DeAndre Liggins

Darius Miller

Eloy Vargas

Jon Hood

Stacey Poole

Doron Lamb

Twany Beckham

Jared Polson

Marques Teague

Anthony Davis

Michael Gilchrist

Kyle Wiltjer

Just think how good they'd be in 2012 if those Fr. are as good as advertised?

With summer league being canceled and the deadline to enter the draft approaching it's gut check time for some underclassmen.

The Summer League is not officially canceled yet. But you are right. Gut check time is near.

Mike Pratt seems to think that of the four (Jones, Knight, Lamb, & Liggins) Liggins is most certainly gone. He also believes Lamb is most certainly back. Says he thinks Jones is leaning toward coming back & Knight probably will go pro.

I saw that. Can't say I blame Liggins one bit if that's the case. He's got more than himself to think about with his decision. Knight would probably be dumb to come back.

Jones and Lamb come back, this team is absolutely loaded.

I saw that. Can't say I blame Liggins one bit if that's the case. He's got more than himself to think about with his decision. Knight would probably be dumb to come back.

Jones and Lamb come back, this team is absolutely loaded.

I agree. Certainly can't fault Liggins for thinking about being a bread-winner for his family. I find it hard to believe that Knight's stock can improve by staying a year. I personally believe he'll go in the top 10. I still think Jones is gone, but I'm not nearly as certain as I once was.