Who stays, who goes?

thebigfella23

Anybody else?

And will Rivers be a PG in the NBA? Not sure on his height, but the kid definitely has a scorer's mentality.

Depending on if he comes back to school, Brandon Knight. Then obviously Marquis Teague will also be a legit 2012 PG Draft prospect succeeding the long line of Calipari PG's in the NBA.

Showing how he progresses next year with a slew of talent around him, Kendall Marshall could set himself up to come out after his sophomore season.

Then you can go down to Texas with the possibility of a couple in Cory Joseph and Myck Kabongo. Kabongo is for real but his development under Barnes is going to be something to keep an eye on. Lot of his guys end up leaving early and it doesn't seem as if they are fully developed in the same sense as guys coming out of other schools. Avery Bradley was a top level guard coming out of high school and has looked very lost in the league this year, as most rookies do. If he would have came back to school this season it would have only helped him IMO, and it looks like Joseph will be going this road. I also expect Jospeh to play off the ball next year with Kabongo handling the PG duties.

If Irving goes this year, Duke may still be able to produce an NBA PG prospect in Seth Curry. If Stephs lil brother plays in the league like big brother it would have to be at the PG position one would think. Quinn Cook is a good player but if he is NBA ready to be drafted 1st round it won't be until after a Junior or Senior season IMO.

Then depending on what Selby does at Kansas you could see him as a top PG prospect in 2012 as well if he comes back for a sophomore season.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depending on if he comes back to school, Brandon Knight. Then obviously Marquis Teague will also be a legit 2012 PG Draft prospect succeeding the long line of Calipari PG's in the NBA.

Showing how he progresses next year with a slew of talent around him, Kendall Marshall could set himself up to come out after his sophomore season.

Then you can go down to Texas with the possibility of a couple in Cory Joseph and Myck Kabongo. Kabongo is for real but his development under Barnes is going to be something to keep an eye on. Lot of his guys end up leaving early and it doesn't seem as if they are fully developed in the same sense as guys coming out of other schools. Avery Bradley was a top level guard coming out of high school and has looked very lost in the league this year, as most rookies do. If he would have came back to school this season it would have only helped him IMO, and it looks like Joseph will be going this road. I also expect Jospeh to play off the ball next year with Kabongo handling the PG duties.

If Irving goes this year, Duke may still be able to produce an NBA PG prospect in Seth Curry. If Stephs lil brother plays in the league like big brother it would have to be at the PG position one would think. Quinn Cook is a good player but if he is NBA ready to be drafted 1st round it won't be until after a Junior or Senior season IMO.

Then depending on what Selby does at Kansas you could see him as a top PG prospect in 2012 as well if he comes back for a sophomore season.

Irving will be gone I think. Also have heard that Selby is leaving & retaining an agent.

I asked the question with Brandon Knight in mind. He could potentially be the top PG prospect next season, depending on what position Rivers will play in the league. Hard to see how Knight's game, which is more favorable for college, will translate in the NBA.

Irving will be gone I think. Also have heard that Selby is leaving & retaining an agent.

I asked the question with Brandon Knight in mind. He could potentially be the top PG prospect next season, depending on what position Rivers will play in the league. Hard to see how Knight's game, which is more favorable for college, will translate in the NBA.

I'm not entirely sure Knight's game is more favorable to college. He lights up the scoreboard in ways that he should be able to in the league. I've said this several times, but I think it's appropriate here: Knight's game should translate much like Louis Williams of the 76er's, only at a higher level. Brandon Knight's a pretty smart guy. He'll get it figured out.

I'm not entirely sure Knight's game is more favorable to college. He lights up the scoreboard in ways that he should be able to in the league. I've said this several times, but I think it's appropriate here: Knight's game should translate much like Louis Williams of the 76er's, only at a higher level. Brandon Knight's a pretty smart guy. He'll get it figured out.

Comparison to Williams is a pretty good one. The NBA is evolving somewhat, and perhaps that will benefit him in time. I just think right now, he's a deadlier weapon in the college game.

He's still a poor man's Mo Williams, which is sad to be comparing a top 10 pick to IMO.

But that's what I'm saying. Evan Turner, the #2 pick in last year's draft, isn't producing nearly to the level of Williams. Don't get me wrong, I think Knight will have a better career than Williams, but their games aren't a lot dissimilar.

I think the main thing in all of this is we get into the habit of comparing players to other players way too much. I know I used to do this way too much and here lately have tried to stop.

Sometimes guys are just unique in their games. They may have a lot of similarities to someone in the league, but in most cases its not fair to compare one to the other. Brandon Knight is his own type of player and one that will eventually dig a very nice niche in the league. May be as a floor general and point guard, may be off the ball, may be a little of both. At the end of the day though Knights going to have what it takes because he is a tireless worker and has a gift of game to go with it. He is Brandon Knight, no need to compare him to any one else.

Are we seriously comparing prospects to Lou Williams? Who is next, Anderson Varajao? Udonis Haslem? "Oh that guy looks like the next DJ Mbenga!!! We have to have him!" :lol:.

I just think their styles are similar, although like I said, Knight plays at a higher level. Give Lou Will some credit though, he's a pretty good player in the league. I know he's not a star, and I think Knight COULD be one in the NBA. Just similar styles. All I'm sayin'.

I just think their styles are similar, although like I said, Knight plays at a higher level. Give Lou Will some credit though, he's a pretty good player in the league. I know he's not a star, and I think Knight COULD be one in the NBA. Just similar styles. All I'm sayin'.

But Lou Williams isn't somebody that any team would throw a lottery pick at. I think that's what Cats is saying. If Lou Williams is BKnight's comparison, he isn't ready for the league. JMO.

I think the main thing in all of this is we get into the habit of comparing players to other players way too much. I know I used to do this way too much and here lately have tried to stop.

Sometimes guys are just unique in their games. They may have a lot of similarities to someone in the league, but in most cases its not fair to compare one to the other. Brandon Knight is his own type of player and one that will eventually dig a very nice niche in the league. May be as a floor general and point guard, may be off the ball, may be a little of both. At the end of the day though Knights going to have what it takes because he is a tireless worker and has a gift of game to go with it. He is Brandon Knight, no need to compare him to any one else.

:thumb: Excellent points.

A lot of people aren't sure of Knight's ability to make it in the league due to his style of play. They see it as more tailored to the college game, as mentioned above. It's a fair assessment, because in years past the people who think that would have probably been correct. Like Randy said though, the league is evolving and players like Knight can thrive in it. I agree completely that he has what it takes to succeed in the league. I want him back at UK next year for selfish purposes of course, but I am also excited to see him in an NBA uniform.

But Lou Williams isn't somebody that any team would throw a lottery pick at. I think that's what Cats is saying. If Lou Williams is BKnight's comparison, he isn't ready for the league. JMO.

I understand that, and he's right. Obviously if Brandon Knight was just like Lou Williams there is no way he should be taken that high. However, Knight is more talented and cerebral than Lou Williams. He is also a very hard worker who seems to get better every day. He knows how to lead a team, and has shown his ability to come through in the clutch. Those are the factors that make him lottery worthy.

The way I have taken it from ESPN as they are talking about this situation is this: There is a good chance of a lockout and missed time on the court or in the season ( I would assume the players wouldn't be paid if this happens as well.) Also there is very likely to be a league minimum age for incoming players (either 2 or 3 years in college) which wouldn't affect this year's current college Freshman, but would affect next years incoming freshman (Which means Rivers, Gillcrest, Davis, ect) wouldn't be eligible for next years draft as well meaning next years draft may be even more short on talent. If these are the scenarios, I think that Liggins, Miller, Jones, Knight, and Lamb all submit there name to the draft. I think Jones is the only one who keeps his name in the draft.