April 4, 201115 yr Jones and Knight are gone. Ready or not, they will not be back because they will be drafted in the first round on potential, and they'll think they're ready to go.
April 4, 201115 yr I think so. What's he going to do to give they young guys minutes if Liggins, Lamb and Miller are there? Knight is projected to go top 10. Cal will tell him he can't improve that much. I'm not syaing he'll kick him out just the old "if you want to feed my family stay, but if you want to feed yours go" routine. I don't see Cal ushering Knight out by any means. He is not a Top 10 pick for sure and maybe could use another year to develop the game. My gut feeling is that he leaves though.
April 4, 201115 yr It doesn't matter if you ready for the NBA or not at this point. If there is a team out there that is going to promise these guys that they are a first rounder then it comes down to making a business decision. With the talent pool in this draft class being as bad as it is I could see Knight, Jones and Lamb going. Ready or not, it doesn't matter, they're making a business decision. FWIW, Liggins should be back but he is having some issues.
April 4, 201115 yr I don't see Cal ushering Knight out by any means. He is not a Top 10 pick for sure and maybe could use another year to develop the game. My gut feeling is that he leaves though. It's going to be a lot harder getting elite kids to go to UK if there aren't minutes. Other than getting a degree (which is huge) I don't see why Knight would stay. I think he wants to be a PG in the NBA and Teague will get PG minutes next year and if Lamb stays he's getting a ton of minutes at the 2. Are there enougth minutes for all 3 of them especially if Miller and Liggins return?
April 4, 201115 yr I agree with OR and any others who have took up for Vargas, definitely not a waste. Just goes to show how short term everyones memory goes now that Cal has brought in two counting three mega classes. This is the same Kentucky team that was starting Mark Coury a few seasons ago, I'd take Vargas over Coury any day. Jared Carter anyone? Shegari? I mean how can you guys expect everyone on the team to be NBA guys? The improvement Eloy showed over the course of the season was second to only Harrelson in terms of development, still isn't what you would call good but his game grew leaps and bounds over the course of the year. Have to keep Eloy around for next year, by his senior season will be a good contributor to the team down low, just give it time and let the development continue.
April 4, 201115 yr Of those listed, it would shock me most to see Lamb leave early. I'm not completely convinced Knight will leave, but realize that there is a reasonable chance that he will. I'd be surprised if Jones came back. 50/50 on Liggins...wouldn't surprise me either way. I think Jones is the guy who could improve the most with another season. And, of course, that's why he'll be the highest pick...because he has the most potential.
April 4, 201115 yr Of those listed, it would shock me most to see Lamb leave early. I'm not completely convinced Knight will leave, but realize that there is a reasonable chance that he will. I'd be surprised if Jones came back. 50/50 on Liggins...wouldn't surprise me either way. I think Jones is the guy who could improve the most with another season. And, of course, that's why he'll be the highest pick...because he has the most potential. Is it possible that Jones is really a lot like a freshman Antoine Walker? I'm not talking skill set but attitude, potential, etc. :idunno:
April 4, 201115 yr Author Jones would dominate if he came back. Especially, with the help of Davis in the post.
April 4, 201115 yr Knight and Jones are projected as the 8th and 15th picks respectively in the mock. They should both wait until they are top 5 picks imo. Another year would benefit both to them greatly.
April 4, 201115 yr If by "solid" you mean he didn't fall down or hurt one of our good players then yeah he's solid... Vargas is bad and it's not even close... Jorts was not that good a few years ago and look how he turned out. Vargas might be the next Jorts!
April 4, 201115 yr I don't know how many of you remember, but Jorts was on fire at the blue and white game last year. At least I had some hope with him. Vargas doesn't know how to avoid getting his shot blocked. It's one of those things that can't be taught, but rather learned as you continue to play. If he can't learn to avoid shot blockers and learn to pump fake, he'll never be effective on the offensive end. He also has a horrible basketball IQ. He has no feel for the game. I think Jorts at least knew what was going on.
April 4, 201115 yr Part of the reason UK fans take heat IMO is when fans say stuff like players should come back that are projected to be picked 8th. He'll have a hard time being picked any higher next year.
April 4, 201115 yr Part of the reason UK fans take heat IMO is when fans say stuff like players should come back that are projected to be picked 8th. He'll have a hard time being picked any higher next year. Are UNC fans saying Barnes should come back? Are OSU fans saying Sullinger should come back? Are Duke fans saying Irving should come back?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.