Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who stays, who goes?

Featured Replies

The players of main concern I assume would be:

Knight

Jones

Liggins

Lamb

 

Thoughts on who stays, and who leaves?

 

Personally I think Jones is gone, but that's just my uninformed opinion.

  • Replies 150
  • Views 20.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jones and obviously Kanter are the only ones gone. Someone else possibly will be gone via transfer.

If we could somehow keep Knight and Lamb the future would be very bright next year. It would be nice to see what depth does to the attack.

I hope Vargas is gone. Complete waste of a scholarship...

I think Jones is gone, and 50/50 on knight.

Neither of them are NBA ready at this point. The only reason they would go is because of this year being a down year for NBA draft. I do think Cal has some situating to do considering he could really only lose 1 player automatically (harrelson). If everyone stays this would be the roster: Knight, Teague, Lamb, Miller, Liggins, Jones, Davis, Wiltjer, Gilchrist, Poole, Polson, Vargas, Hood. Obviously some of these guys would be seeing major bench minutes. What a conundrum to have, how do I make room for All-Americans on my roster? I agree that some will transfer but I do hope that Miller, Liggins and Jones atleast return. Knight can go considering we have plenty of guards. We shall see in a few short months...

I hope Vargas is gone. Complete waste of a scholarship...

I think Jones is gone, and 50/50 on knight.

 

Vargas played some solid minutes in the last month. He's a serviceable backup down low.

Vargas played some solid minutes in the last month. He's a serviceable backup down low.

 

Negative. :lol:

Knight and Jones are gone. Not because they are ready but because of this weak draft class.

 

I don't blame them, you gotta cash in while your stock is high.

 

Sure would be nice to have Knight back for one more year.

Vargas played some solid minutes in the last month. He's a serviceable backup down low.

 

More solid than he had previously but the guy still has a very long way to go.

  • Author

Knight will stay to finish his degree. Plain and simple; grades are obviously important to the kid. Jones will go. Lamb stays to refine his game and maybe play a more expanded role. Liggins stays because Cal tells him to.

 

 

Side note:I agree with the poster who said Vargas played some good minutes at the end of the year, but that's not what this thread is about. :D

Negative. :lol:

 

A serviceable backup gives you 5-10 mins when your bigs are in foul trouble. I think Eloy has earned his spot.

More solid than he had previously but the guy still has a very long way to go.

 

So did Jorts this time last year.

Knight will stay to finish his degree. Plain and simple; grades are obviously important to the kid. Jones will go. Lamb stays to refine his game and maybe play a more expanded role. Liggins stays because Cal tells him to.

 

 

Side note:I agree with the poster who said Vargas played some good minutes at the end of the year, but that's not what this thread is about. :D

Just because grades are important to him, does not mean he is staying. I hope like heck that he stays but he could get his degree in the summer or something. If it were as simple as that then he would answer with that when asked about the NBA.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.