Spring practice quickly approaching.....not soon enough

NKY Bandit

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Son, I was pulling for SK and all other N. Ky teams while you were still loading up your diapers. Sometimes when I read your posts on here, I'm not sure you've stopped. :D

Now thats funny !!! :lol:

My question is , how long has it been since they were unloaded ?

I hope the Birds came out of spring practice heathy . D45

No injuries that won't be healed up by the time summer practices begin.

That is good to hear. I saw a couple boys leaving yesterday and the Rouse boy really looked like he has put on some muscle. Where will he fit in on this Bird team? Defense?

That is good to hear. I saw a couple boys leaving yesterday and the Rouse boy really looked like he has put on some muscle. Where will he fit in on this Bird team? Defense?

Yes Sir. You are right in him putting on some serious muscle and being on defense. It shouldn't any more, but I'm still amazed seeing how much kids changed physically between their junior and senior years and even more so between their sophomore and senior years as a result of a strong commitment to the weight room and conditioning. I see some of these kids as sophomores and wonder if they'll ever be varsity players for Highlands and then they shock the heck out of me when they are juniors and seniors. The maturing is nothing unique to Highlands I'm sure, but it really is fun watching kids grow up physically and mentally.

Yes Sir. You are right in him putting on some serious muscle and being on defense. It shouldn't any more, but I'm still amazed seeing how much kids changed physically between their junior and senior years and even more so between their sophomore and senior years as a result of a strong commitment to the weight room and conditioning. I see some of these kids as sophomores and wonder if they'll ever be varsity players for Highlands and then they shock the heck out of me when they are juniors and seniors. The maturing is nothing unique to Highlands I'm sure, but it really is fun watching kids grow up physically and mentally.

That is a fact for sure. It truly is amazing to watch the young men committed to working hard change and grow over their careers. And it is fun to see visible signs of the commitment. That is one thing about football. If you work hard in the weight room, it is obvious for everyone to see your "body of work".

That is a fact for sure. It truly is amazing to watch the young men committed to working hard change and grow over their careers. And it is fun to see visible signs of the commitment. That is one thing about football. If you work hard in the weight room, it is obvious for everyone to see your "body of work".

VOR - I have heard that has happened to a few of your beloved Beechwood Tigers over the winter too. True?

VOR - I have heard that has happened to a few of your beloved Beechwood Tigers over the winter too. True?

Absolutely ... as it always does at Beechwood. Those guys work hard. Success doesn't just happen. You make it happen. I am sure those guys are all looking forward to the new athletic building and weight room getting opened in a couple of months.

Absolutely ... as it always does at Beechwood. Those guys work hard. Success doesn't just happen. You make it happen. I am sure those guys are all looking forward to the new athletic building and weight room getting opened in a couple of months.

Yes. That will be quite nice.

For some of those guys you may need to put cots in a spare room so that they can sleep there! :)

That new weight room and locker facility is going to be one state of the art atheletic building even college's wish they had. Went through it about a month ago WOW!!!!!!! The young women and men of Beechwood should be proud. JD

John:

I assume that it will be furnished with all new weights, weight benches, and all the other bells and whistles?

I watched a few minutes of SK's spring scrimmage and looks like Trey Pinkleton will be the new QB he had a couple nice passes and a few good runs. He played safety last year. He is probably the most athletic and fastest player on the team. Who ever SK plays this year is not going to like trying to stop him he is just as dangerous as Mr. Lawrence.

I watched a few minutes of SK's spring scrimmage and looks like Trey Pinkleton will be the new QB he had a couple nice passes and a few good runs. He played safety last year. He is probably the most athletic and fastest player on the team. Who ever SK plays this year is not going to like trying to stop him he is just as dangerous as Mr. Lawrence.

:lol::lol::lol: Just checked in for my nightly entertainment. Thanks. Yeah. Whoever QBs for SK will be just as dangerous as a 3-year starter and great leader like Chad Lawrence and better than Towles and Pike put together.

You watched a few minutes of a 2 hour practice and you have it all figured out? :lol:

Let me know your opinion after you have watched 20 hours of there aloted spring practice and then what ya think. :lol: