Spring practice quickly approaching.....not soon enough

NKY Bandit

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To get back to the thread topic , there was no such thing as spring practice back in the 60's or 70's You would never see a water bottle at practice or games. Haircuts and bikes were" in " along with salt tablets.

Don't know about the 60's, but KY HS's did have spring practice in the early 70's.

I have to admit you are right about the difference being a big one, dang out. We had 8 shutouts, and the starting D turned 4 more shut outs over to the backups in which the opponent ended up scoring. The starting D gave up a total of 27 points that year and unfortunately 20 of those were to Campbell County in the last regular season game for our one loss. Still 27 points scored against the starting D all year isn't too shabby.

The defense your year was also exceptionally good, as were the 68, 70 and 09 squads. And to be fair, it was much easier back in the day to pitch shut outs than it is these days, with the wide open offenses now used.

Maybe I'm looking through blue tinted glasses, but I think this year's D can be as good as your's and mine was.

Lets face it just ask Dale he will tell that the best HHS def was the 10 team had the largest margin of victory in the state game!! Which makes them the greatest team every at HHS!!! Go ahead and ask sweeper he will tell you!

Lets face it just ask Dale he will tell that the best HHS def was the 10 team had the largest margin of victory in the state game!! Which makes them the greatest team every at HHS!!! Go ahead and ask sweeper he will tell you!

You forgot to add:sssh::banana::clap::D:taz::popcorn::walk:

:thumb:

I've heard from a former Birdie with ties now to SK that the Neers will have a legit squad this year and the post Lawrence era is looking bright...

If they are so good why won't Marksberry play the Birds then? :idunno:

I've heard from a former Birdie with ties now to SK that the Neers will have a legit squad this year and the post Lawrence era is looking bright...

I just drove up to school and watched them practice for a few they look good and very big!

That's great to read. :thumb: I won't let my dislike for a certain SK poster affect my desire to see N. Ky teams advance deep into the playoffs and maybe win State.