Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Spring practice quickly approaching.....not soon enough

Featured Replies

Two more basketball games and then back to the turf.......can't wait!

  • Replies 287
  • Views 24.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two more basketball games and then back to the turf.......can't wait!

 

Highlands will be ready to play a game about mid-week of Spring Practice; does anyone NOT think this is a major factor in them being ready to roll in Week 1 and a dominant football program????

 

Why other schools don't seize this opportunity is beyond comprehension.

Two more basketball games and then back to the turf.......can't wait!

 

What happens in spring practice? Hit the field and run plays with helmets on?

What happens in spring practice? Hit the field and run plays with helmets on?

 

Who can play football!!!!

 

Highlands will hit during Spring football more than they will hit during the 2011 season. If nobody believes me go watch and see for yourself. :thumb:

Who can play football!!!!

 

Highlands will hit during Spring football more than they will hit during the 2011 season. If nobody believes me go watch and see for yourself. :thumb:

 

Hit the cake with their fork?

Trinity doesn't do spring ball and they win.

Trinity doesn't do spring ball and they win.

 

They are good enough to overcome the lack of it; I am interested in seeing how they do vs. Highlands in the Scrimmage, whether or not Highlands' work in the Spring will give them an advantage or not.

 

My theory is this year it will because they have so much returning experience; I know Trinity does as well, but the extra 2 weeks as well as it is utilized in Ft. Thomas could provide them with an advantage.

  • Author
Highlands will be ready to play a game about mid-week of Spring Practice; does anyone NOT think this is a major factor in them being ready to roll in Week 1 and a dominant football program????

 

Why other schools don't seize this opportunity is beyond comprehension.

 

I guess the rest of us are jealous that FB isn't as important in our communities as they are on the hill.

They are good enough to overcome the lack of it; I am interested in seeing how they do vs. Highlands in the Scrimmage, whether or not Highlands' work in the Spring will give them an advantage or not.

 

My theory is this year it will because they have so much returning experience; I know Trinity does as well, but the extra 2 weeks as well as it is utilized in Ft. Thomas could provide them with an advantage.

 

To say Trinity does not have spring ball is a little misleading. That gives some the impression that they do not do any schematic work and such until football kicks up in June which is not the case. I am sure they do just about everything within the legal guidelines that they can.

To say Trinity does not have spring ball is a little misleading. That gives some the impression that they do not do any schematic work and such until football kicks up in June which is not the case. I am sure they do just about everything within the legal guidelines that they can.

 

I was just reapeating what was said on BGP; do they practice in equipment (a couple of weeks after basketball is over)? I think that is what most are referring to when they say Spring Practice.

I guess the rest of us are jealous that FB isn't as important in our communities as they are on the hill.

 

It comes down to a simple decision by the head coach; he can do whatever he wants to get something accomplished with whatever players are availiable; the only argument is the small schools where 90% of the kids are involved in other sports; even with that though, he can work around the other sports' schedules and get some work done!

My understanding is they do not do spring ball like many other schools. They most certainly do off season work with their position coaches within the confines of the rules. You do not run an offense and defense like they do without it. They will be as ready to go as anyone for their first scrimmage and games.

My understanding is they do not do spring ball like many other schools. They most certainly do off season work with their position coaches within the confines of the rules. You do not run an offense and defense like they do without it. They will be as ready to go as anyone for their first scrimmage and games.

 

Just curious about their regimine, in Spring or once school is out???

 

They can do anything in Spring except scrimmage other schools.

I am not 100% sure of the rules as far as practice and what is considered a practice. I am pretty sure the QBs have QB school during the offseason. I know Trinity is not going to break a rule but I also know they are going to pretty much do everything they can within the rules. I know in the past they have done 7 on 7 and they are clicking too well to not have done work. I know they do a good deal of speed and strength work.

 

Now there are of course ways around things which are a little in the gray area. I want to make it clear I am not saying Trinity works in that gray area. I do know of schools that have practiced with tennis balls because it was against the rules to practice with footballs. So they could run through plays and such and it not be a real practice. I know of teams in CA that use hand shields to get around the whole "no contact with players" rule. It is also not uncommon for basketball coaches to sit outside the gym and coach to get around things.

Spring Practice is a great time to teach. Especially if a school has a New Coach taking over. Our spring practice should be like Tenn. where you can have a couple scrimmages, then the kids work hard and have these scrimmages to look fwd. to.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.