Tattoo Gate Punishment

gametime

This may be off topic, but I've never understood why Pryor chose OSU. If I'm a highly-rated QB or WR, OSU under Tressel would not be a top choice for me. I think Tressel does what he does well, which is emphasize defense & a solid running attack. Perhaps the stats will prove me wrong, but I would think an extremely skilled QB or WR would be better-suited in a more pass-happy attack.

They run a pro style O with the I formation. It's not the O, it's the play calling.. sometimes.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may be off topic, but I've never understood why Pryor chose OSU. If I'm a highly-rated QB or WR, OSU under Tressel would not be a top choice for me. I think Tressel does what he does well, which is emphasize defense & a solid running attack. Perhaps the stats will prove me wrong, but I would think an extremely skilled QB or WR would be better-suited in a more pass-happy attack.

When Troy Smith was at QB, the Buckeyes would spread the ball around and let Troy make some plays. I think Tressel sold TP on the same while allowing him to make more plays with his legs like Vince Young did in college. A lot blame it on play calling, and there might be some truth to that, but I have always felt Pryor's light bulb has never gone off like Smiths did.

I agree, I don't think Tressel has fully trusted Pryor to utilize the full playbook. Pryor's decision making is not always up to par and he tends to lock in on receiver. He has been much better this year checking down but could definelty use another year to improve his NFL stock.

And for the record, I think the "rules" these guys broke are dumb to begin with, but they are still rules they knew they were violating.

I'm on the fence. If the players were allowed to sell this stuff, then an advantage would be gained in the recruiting process. Tressel tells each recruit, hey, we'll win at least 3 Big 10 championships while you're here. Sell those three rings at 2500 a pop, thats 7500 you won't see at Mich.

I'm on the fence. If the players were allowed to sell this stuff, then an advantage would be gained in the recruiting process. Tressel tells each recruit, hey, we'll win at least 3 Big 10 championships while you're here. Sell those three rings at 2500 a pop, thats 7500 you won't see at Mich.

No, I completely understand the rule and its potential ramifications, but something is just odd about receiving a gift, but you can't do with it as you please.

Tressel said all suspended players will be back next year.

I don't buy it.

Supposedly it was in exchange for playing in the Sugar Bowl. Why even come out with that? Had he offered a tattoo in exchange for returning, I would have bought that.

So if the kids were not going to come back next season, then they would not have played in the bowl game? But since they pledged to return, they're allowed to play?

"Uhh.. yeah coach, I'll be back."

I'm also so happy the NCAA decided the school should make this decision on their own.