Tattoo Gate Punishment

gametime

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This kind of stuff frustrates me with the NCAA. Shouldn't the onus be on recruiting violations, I could see it if the tats were offered in exchange for a signed Letter of Intent.

The NCAA , rightly or wrongly, seems to be consistent in their refusal to allow players to receive cash or gifts.

Are they consistent in what games they select them to miss?

The policy for suspending withholding conditions for bowl games or NCAA championship competition recognizes the unique opportunity these events provide at the end of a season, and they are evaluated differently from a withholding perspective. In this instance, the facts are consistent with the established policy, Lennon said.

So had they all been Seniors, they would have just walked?

So why again are they playing in the Sugar Bowl?

The decision from the NCAA student-athlete reinstatement staff does not include a withholding condition for the Allstate Sugar Bowl. The withholding condition was suspended and the student-athletes will be eligible to play in the bowl game Jan. 4 based on several factors.

These include the acknowledgment the student-athletes did not receive adequate rules education during the time period the violations occurred, Lennon said.

NCAA policy allows suspending withholding penalties for a championship or bowl game if it was reasonable at the time the student-athletes were not aware they were committing violations, along with considering the specific circumstances of each situation. In addition, there must not be any competitive advantage related to the violations, and the student-athletes must have eligibility remaining.

The policy for suspending withholding conditions for bowl games or NCAA championship competition recognizes the unique opportunity these events provide at the end of a season, and they are evaluated differently from a withholding perspective. In this instance, the facts are consistent with the established policy, Lennon said.

The continued acceptance of "I didn't know" by the NCAA makes it a laughable institution. There is incentive not to educate if you get rulings like this.

Precedence means nothing to the NCAA, IMO.

So these guys will pay back money through their scholarship checks...that is another new one.

They can hand down these rulings pretty quickly but this Kanter deal just drags on.

I just want a ruling one way or the other.

The decision from the NCAA student-athlete reinstatement staff does not include a withholding condition for the Allstate Sugar Bowl. The withholding condition was suspended and the student-athletes will be eligible to play in the bowl game Jan. 4 based on several factors..... Money, Money, and Money...

I fixed that.

The continued acceptance of "I didn't know" by the NCAA makes it a laughable institution. There is incentive not to educate if you get rulings like this.

Precedence means nothing to the NCAA, IMO.

So these guys will pay back money through their scholarship checks...that is another new one.

The mishandlings and peculiar rulings recently by the NCAA have received a lot more exposure than normal. While it looks it could be at the expense of one of my rooting interests with Kanter, on some level it makes me happy to see this organization exposed for its corruptness.