Tattoo Gate Punishment

gametime

The mishandlings and peculiar rulings recently by the NCAA have received a lot more exposure than normal. While it looks it could be at the expense of one of my rooting interests with Kanter, on some level it makes me happy to see this organization exposed for its corruptness.

I agree, but what are we going to do about it? I don't see what is going to make them change?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By golly, how can this be? That Tressel cat and Ohio State run such a clean cut good program. This has to be some sort of mistake.

I can't wait to hear the excuses and spin the OSU fans on here are going to use to defend this. :lol: The fact they're allowing them to play in the Sugar Bowl is absolutely laughable. What a joke. If they were truly such an honorable program and university, OSU would sit them.

ESPN has reported that five OSU football players including T. Pryor will serve a five serve a five game suspension by the NCAA for rules violations for recieving improper benifits from t-shirt sales along with other violations. Sanctions/suspensions will start wih the first five games of the 2011 regular season and d not effect the Sugar Bowl game vs. Arkansas this January.

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Five Ohio State football players, including quarterback Terrelle Pryor, must sit out the first five games of the 2011 season for accepting improper benefits, the NCAA ruled Thursday.

A sixth football player must sit out the first game in 2011 for receiving discounted services in violation of NCAA rules. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5950873

OSU will appeal the ruling on the severity of the suspensions but what imo it boils down to is when are football players going to learn :irked:. Absolutely they should have known better.......stupid on their part.

According to them they had no idea they were doing anything wrong.

@clubtrillion Mark Titus

To those asking: No, I never traded autographs for tattoos. The mysterious envelopes full of cash in my mailbox every month always sufficed.

Of course not. I spent more time in compliance meetings @ OSU than on the court. RT @JoeyGotNoSwaggr you buy they didn't know it was wrong?

I can't wait to hear the excuses and spin the OSU fans on here are going to use to defend this. :lol: The fact they're allowing them to play in the Sugar Bowl is absolutely laughable. What a joke. If they were truly such an honorable program and university, OSU would sit them.

:rolleyes:An OSU fan posted this and did not defend or try to spin anything on it. Try again, that one sure didn't work if that's all you got :lol:. Go ahead and have your fun with it, I knew several on here would.

By golly, how can this be? That Tressel cat and Ohio State run such a clean cut good program. This has to be some sort of mistake.

With your obvious distain for everything Ohio State, you sure do spend enough time on the threads with Ohio State in the title. If you want to crack on someone for them playing in the bowl game you need to crack on the NCAA. If you take the time to read the reports, OSU sent this to the NCAA and listed the players as suspended. The NCAA then cleared them for the bowl game and suspended them for next season. Just for ther record there is no spin on the story from this Buckeye fan, they broke the rule they sit the games. Reality is that this will probably force the hand of a few of these players to declare for the NFL Draft. All are draft eligible with the exception of Jordan Whiting and he only got one game.

I really don't understand how college or pro athletes would want to sell their championship rings and awards they have won.

With your obvious distain for everything Ohio State, you sure do spend enough time on the threads with Ohio State in the title. If you want to crack on someone for them playing in the bowl game you need to crack on the NCAA. If you take the time to read the reports, OSU sent this to the NCAA and listed the players as suspended. The NCAA then cleared them for the bowl game and suspended them for next season. Just for ther record there is no spin on the story from this Buckeye fan, they broke the rule they sit the games. Reality is that this will probably force the hand of a few of these players to declare for the NFL Draft. All are draft eligible with the exception of Jordan Whiting and he only got one game.

I really don't understand how college or pro athletes would want to sell their championship rings and awards they have won.

Great post royals.