Kellen Smith

Always good to see someone get an opportunity to get an education and get to continue their basketball career.

Saginaw Valley State is a D2 school in Michigan. They play in the GLIAC which is an outstanding sports conference very similar to the GLVC for those who follow NKU. Findlay won D2 National Championship out of this conference a couple of years ago. SVSU finished 4th in the GLIAC last year. Program appears to be on the upswing since they hired Frankie Smith former assistant to Charlie Coles at Miami of Ohio.

Is it going to be tough for a Scott Eagle to become an SVSU CARDINAL after all of those tough losses in 10th Region tourney to GRC Cardinals?

I'd say some of the in-state schools missed the boat letting him get away. Kid can play.

Wondered the same thing. But, at the end of the day it's neither here nor there. Congratulations to Smith. Sounds like a good situation for him in a very good conference.

Kellen is a fine young man with a stong skill set and a good head for the game. I've had the pleasure of getting to know both him and his dad over the past several years. Great folks. I wish Kellen nothing but the best. Job well done Dad! :thumb: