Enes Kanter received more than $100,000 in cash and benefits...

HammerTime

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if a Bank agreed to give me a loan and they don't require a payment till the first year is up and the loan is unsecured, then I would be violationing an NCAA rule and wouldn't be allowed to play any NCAA sports? No.

If they gave him an unsecured loan because of his status as basketball player about to become a pro then YES it's an ncaa violation. If you aren't given that because of your status as an athlete then no it isn't. But if it is given to you solely because you play basketball, like you suggested a bank might do then YES it's a violation as improper benefits based on your position as an athlete. What matters is the intent of them giving you the loan. If they gave it to you before you were even an NCAA prospect then it wouldn't be a violation. But right now if you played for any college and they gave you a loan based on you about to be a pro then yes it's an ncaa violation.

It would be an extra benefit in that case and would be no different than receiving a free dinner or a house from an agent. It's given to you because of your status as an athlete. You are saying about you going to the bank today. What I am saying is if Patterson went in received a loan because they knew he could pay it back when he was a pro in 6 months it would be an extra benefit not available to the general public and only available to him because of his status as an athlete.

Guys you might as well give it up. HT is going to defend Tipton no matter how much evidence you produce to show that he was out to smear Cal and it didn't matter to Tipton that he had to smear and honest hardworking family to do so.

Anyway in regards to Kanter, I don't think he was paid to play in Turkey outside of the usual expenses. If the NCAA find differently he should not be allowed to play if not he should. To me its that simple. What some turd from New York writes is immaterial.

So far I've heard one story that has people all riled up and the reason they all hate Tipton, I refuse to judge a person on one instance. If someone produces more articles that are "outright lies" and can show them to me then my opinion on him might start to change. But right now the only evidence to prove his conspiracy against UK is reporting on Patterson's car. I don't think that rises to the level of UK conspiracy.

Guys you might as well give it up. HT is going to defend Tipton no matter how much evidence you produce to show that he was out to smear Cal and it didn't matter to Tipton that he had to smear and honest hardworking family to do so.

Anyway in regards to Kanter, I don't think he was paid to play in Turkey outside of the usual expenses. If the NCAA find differently he should not be allowed to play if not he should. To me its that simple. What some turd from New York writes is immaterial.

What evidence makes you think this? Sounds more like a guess unless you are privy to some inside information

What evidence makes you think this? Sounds more like a guess unless you are privy to some inside information

Do I have to have evidence in order to have an opinion? Let,\'s see you mentioned in a previous post that Matt Jones should clarify statements with "I think" yet when I did just that you want evidence. And yes its a guess that why I said "I don't think he was paid to play in Turkey outside of the usual expenses"'.

I don't understand the animosity toward Matt Jones and KSR. I don't know the guy at all but if you have ever read the site you can tell its a pro UK website that is intended for entertainment. What's wrong with that?