Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Enes Kanter received more than $100,000 in cash and benefits...

Featured Replies

Kanter may or may not be eligible, but I am generally skeptical about Thamel's articles. It seems that Pete Thamel & Pat Forde, together, have an axe to grind. Between the Bledsoe transcript saga & this, it's clear that they're going to keep fishing until they can hurt Kentucky basketball. Thamel may have struck gold on this one.

 

If I had to guess, Kanter did receive some benefits / money / rent from the Turkish team. From what I understand, most players do; however, I find it extremely odd that an adult man is willing to publicly rip Kanter & act as if Kanter betrayed him.

  • Replies 347
  • Views 46.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He could do it himself, and I don't think he hates UK as much as UK fans think. UK fans just hate writers that won't pump the sunshine 24/7. From a non UK fan's perspective I think him and Tipton both give UK much better coverage than bad. But they sometimes talk about the icky stuff UK fans want to pretend doesn't exist, and to bring it up gets them a bad wrap.

 

I disagree. I think I'm a decently objective UK fan and I think Forde hates UK and Cal with a passion matched by few big-time writers around the country. Of course that's JMO, but I can't stand Forde, I think writers for ESPN should keep some objectivity and he doesn't in my mind.

I disagree. I think I'm a decently objective UK fan and I think Forde hates UK and Cal with a passion matched by few big-time writers around the country. Of course that's JMO, but I can't stand Forde, I think writers for ESPN should keep some objectivity and he doesn't in my mind.

 

I just find it hard to hang Forde or any of them up, because UK fans obsess as a collective group of media members more than any fan base I've ever seen. And a lot of them the first time they say something bad they hate UK. Forde more than most may have a true axe being from Louisville and could be a closet UL fan (no idea if he is or not). But UK fans as a collective whole I've noticed know the names of reporters for papers and news outlets more than most fan basis I've encountered, they also have an uncanny memory and bring up articles from years ago when talking about how they know reporter X hates UK.

I've always thought Forde didn't care much for Calipari, but I've never really thought he was anti-UK. Maybe I'm just stupid (and I didn't read his stuff in the Courier so I can't comment much), but it always seemed like he mentioned UK in about every article he ever wrote for ESPN. And rarely did it seem bad. But again, maybe I'm just missing something...

I just find it hard to hang Forde or any of them up, because UK fans obsess as a collective group of media members more than any fan base I've ever seen. And a lot of them the first time they say something bad they hate UK. Forde more than most may have a true axe being from Louisville and could be a closet UL fan (no idea if he is or not). But UK fans as a collective whole I've noticed know the names of reporters for papers and news outlets more than most fan basis I've encountered, they also have an uncanny memory and bring up articles from years ago when talking about how they know reporter X hates UK.

 

Maybe so. He has just always seemed like that to me. He's just so negative about UK.

I've always thought Forde didn't care much for Calipari, but I've never really thought he was anti-UK. Maybe I'm just stupid (and I didn't read his stuff in the Courier so I can't comment much), but it always seemed like he mentioned UK in about every article he ever wrote for ESPN. And rarely did it seem bad. But again, maybe I'm just missing something...

 

I noticed this too. He used to talk UK up all the time, but when Calipari came to town his tone noticibly changed.

Don't worry tomorrow he will tell you how he's first class journalism while he rips Tipton, Forde, and everyone else that works for a real media outlet.

 

Come on HT. Tipton the "real" journalist saw Patterson drive away in a new car that was parked 140 miles away in Huntington. Forde takes shot after shot at Calipari but never mentioned the Pitino mess. Give me a break. Real media outlets, my hide parts.

I just find it hard to hang Forde or any of them up, because UK fans obsess as a collective group of media members more than any fan base I've ever seen. And a lot of them the first time they say something bad they hate UK. Forde more than most may have a true axe being from Louisville and could be a closet UL fan (no idea if he is or not). But UK fans as a collective whole I've noticed know the names of reporters for papers and news outlets more than most fan basis I've encountered, they also have an uncanny memory and bring up articles from years ago when talking about how they know reporter X hates UK.

 

I agree that Kentucky fans, as a whole, are too sensitive & are quick to label someone as a "hater" when he or she is not; however, I don't think Pat Forde fits into that category.

 

Regarding Forde, the biggest thing for me is actually his lack of coverage in some instances. When things are going well, Forde does not write about Kentucky basketball or football; however, when things go south or there is some type of negative publicity (such as the Kanter situation), Forde is the leading journalist. On the other hand, I am yet to read one Pat Forde article regarding Rick Pitino & the Karen Sypher situation.

 

I agree that Forde despises Calipari much more than the school itself. I also recognize that Forde, as a journalist, has a job & realizes that he can easily attract attention from the Kentucky fan base.

Come on HT. Tipton the "real" journalist saw Patterson drive away in a new car that was parked 140 miles away in Huntington. Forde takes shot after shot at Calipari but never mentioned the Pitino mess. Give me a break. Real media outlets, my hide parts.

 

You proved my point you bring up one article from a year or two ago on Tipton and it shapes your whole opinion on Tipton. Tipton generally writes pretty upbeat stuff on UK. But when he gives a fair and balanced view and writes about everything and not just the GREAT stuff he gets ripped to shreds. And I'll take the Herald and ESPN over Kentucky Sports Radio and their "journalism" any day. The pictures they post and the childish things they allow to be posted their sometimes make them all seem like a bunch of 12 year olds.

All praise Tipton and Forde. What does an Ole Miss guy like so much about these guys? Forde rips UK every chance he can...

 

Jones may be childish at times, but most of it is quite entertaining and he is pretty intelligent. He said it plain and simple: If the NCAA determines Kanter was a pro then he want play. No if's and's or but's. He brought up a great point in his latest post on KSR; The NCAA has a choice here to set the bar high for latter events like this that could take place, or they will deem this "offense" of little importance. Personally, I don't see Kanter in a UK uniform this year.

All praise Tipton and Forde. What does an Ole Miss guy like so much about these guys? Forde rips UK every chance he can...

 

Jones may be childish at times, but most of it is quite entertaining and he is pretty intelligent. He said it plain and simple: If the NCAA determines Kanter was a pro then he want play. No if's and's or but's. He brought up a great point in his latest post on KSR; The NCAA has a choice here to set the bar high for latter events like this that could take place, or they will deem this "offense" of little importance. Personally, I don't see Kanter in a UK uniform this year.

 

I don't particular care about Forde or Tipton either way. But their journalism isn't nearly as bad as it's put out. Most fans Ole Miss and UK fans especially (I know more of those two than any other to be fair) seem to blow all the negative stuff way out of proportion and run with it. If someone says one bad thing they are never given a 2nd chance. That's the thing about Tipton at least for sure and Forde from what I see on espn they don't go out of their way to bash UK they just report the news both good and bad but fans tend to only remember the bad.

So if Kanter is ruled ineligible, how big a blow is it to Sandy Bell, who has a great reputation for crossing Ts and dotting Is. UK fans, myself included, have said there is no way Cal could have gotten anything shady past Bell.

So if Kanter is ruled ineligible, how big a blow is it to Sandy Bell, who has a great reputation for crossing Ts and dotting Is. UK fans, myself included, have said there is no way Cal could have gotten anything shady past Bell.

 

I would say no blow at all. I don't think anyone has gotten one by her. I would say all of this was discussed with her and Barnhart long before they took kanter. This possibility has been known for a while and it it looks like UK was more proactive here to take care of it before hand rather than after. I mean right now for all we know the 100,000 grand is completely false, so much of this depends on what the Turkey team releases which up until this week or so apparently they've not been very cooperative.

So everyone is up in arms when there still isn't any actual proof made public, and all we have to go on is a Turkish GM's word who has every reason in the world to keep him from playing?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.