Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Enes Kanter received more than $100,000 in cash and benefits...

Featured Replies

This thread is so ridiculous. I'm not even going to start.

 

There's always that group that won't stop hating on UK.

  • Replies 347
  • Views 46.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The better question is how many can you name that do. Then I'll ask you to prove it. It has beennproven that Kentucky cheats.

 

Off the top of my head just about every one.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/15064/is-kanters-situation-john-caliparis-fault

 

Let's go ahead and get this out of the way: No, it's not.

 

Since the New York Times published its story on Enes Kanter's apparent professional salary -- to review, Kanter's former GM says he was paid like a professional during his time at Turkish club Fenerbahce Ulker and has submitted documents to the NCAA that confirm as much -- a few scattered reactions have included the notion that Kanter's potential ineligibility is another instance of Kentucky coach John Calipari being willing to flirt too closely with the line of impropriety. These sorts of reactions are natural, given Calipari's historical proximity to vacated seasons. But in this case, they're probably wrong.

 

Why? Because as far as we know, Calipari had little way of knowing whether or not Kanter was paid like a professional. If Kanter and his family said their son wasn't paid, and Calipari didn't speak with Kanter's former team, then the best Kentucky could do was recruit him, sign him, and hope the family was telling the truth. If not, Kentucky's compliance department and the NCAA would sort it out, and Kanter wouldn't play. This is how the system is supposed to work.

Oh my gosh, Eamonn Brennan is my favorite writer!

 

In all seriousness, good article.

Off the top of my head just about every one.

 

And I'm sure you can prove it huh?

I did not know how to respond to your posts on this thread but you have done it for me.

 

Bless your heart you poor thing. At least you type and spell well.

How many times has UK been caught cheating or been involved in a scandal before? It's always been a dishonest program and they will get caught again. And you're right. I'm definitely a Kentucky hater.

 

Are you just a casual UK fan or are you just blind and deaf to the facts? Do the names Eddie Sutton, Dwayne Casey, Hal Mumme, Fran Curci or Emory ring a bell? That doesn't even include the point shaving scandal.

 

Well like I said I guess your right, once a cheat, always a cheat. :lol: :lol:

 

 

Even though the personnel has changed for all major sports programs, the administration has changed, there are now people like Sandy Bell in place to comply with NCAA infractions, basically everything has changed since the last infraction. Every single person almost is different, and thats where all the "cheating" comes from are the people involved, the actual school cannot cheat. But like you said, once a cheat always a cheat I guess.

This thread is so ridiculous. I'm not even going to start.

 

There's always that group that won't stop hating on UK.

 

I like a quote from Steve Spurrier..."If everybody likes you, you probably aren't winning much."

I'm anxious to see how this one plays out, we should have a decision in the next week or two. Most think he will become ineligible. Maggard is of the opinion that he will be eligible and says that Thamels story helped Kanter more than hurt, not sure I buy into that logic, but thats a different point of view none the less. Maggard also states he is one of few who knows what is really going on as far as the actual Turkish documentation, etc. so I guess we will see how this all plays out.

 

My hope and my thought is he will be asked to pay back x amount of dollars, sit out so many games, and then be able to play. I guess you could say as of right now that is a best case scenario.

So long story short...Kanter is eligible or ineligible? Thoughts?

Seems simple enough that if the Turkish team can not provide documentation that he was paid a salary then he will be eligible but will more than likely sit a few games.

All I know he is back in Hazzard County this weekend doing his job with Roscoe so lets give the guy some peace and flip it over to CMT to enjoy the action!

FWIW, Dave Kersey is saying that his source in Indy believes Kanter will be eligible, either for the entire season or most likely with a 6-9 game suspension.

FWIW, Dave Kersey is saying that his source in Indy believes Kanter will be eligible, either for the entire season or most likely with a 6-9 game suspension.

 

Thats what I have been thinking all along.

And I'm sure you can prove it huh?

 

Oklahoma, USC, Indiana, Miami, Florida State, Alabama, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kansas have been put on probation in either football or basketball or both. You always hear things about UCLA under Wooden. Michigan and WVU look to be going to get in some trouble.

 

Yup, just about every program has been caught cheating.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.