Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Enes Kanter received more than $100,000 in cash and benefits...

Featured Replies

You're saying every school has had a violation? I don't believe that.

 

If your school doesn't report secondary violations, you're not doing a very good job of athletics compliance.

 

If you want, you can name a random school and I'll tell you if they've ever had a major infraction. I don't have that luxury with secondary violations.

  • Replies 347
  • Views 46.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't say every program.

 

Let me ask you for an honest answer: In your opinion, do the majority of BCS schools and/or their players cheat? (and I'm not saying coaches are aware or instigating the cheating...could be from boosters, friends of the program, etc. w/o the knowledge of coaches)

 

My opinion is yes. I think there are probably a few here and there that don't (Northwestern, for whatever reason, comes to mind...probably Vanderbilt too). But you look at the upper echelon programs in football & basketball, and it's my honest opinion that there is wrongdoing going on in around 85-90% of them--at least at the BCS level.

If your school doesn't report secondary violations, you're not doing a very good job of athletics compliance.

 

If you want, you can name a random school and I'll tell you if they've ever had a major infraction. I don't have that luxury with secondary violations.

 

 

 

How many of the Ivy League schools? Vanderbilt? Liberty Baptist?

How many of the Ivy League schools? Vanderbilt? Liberty Baptist?

 

Princeton.

 

Vanderbilt has.

 

Care to say which conference Liberty Baptist is in?

Didn't say every program.

 

Let me ask you for an honest answer: In your opinion, do the majority of BCS schools and/or their players cheat? (and I'm not saying coaches are aware or instigating the cheating...could be from boosters, friends of the program, etc. w/o the knowledge of coaches).

 

My opinion is yes. I think there are probably a few here and there that don't (Northwestern, for whatever reason, comes to mind...probably Vanderbilt too). But you look at the upper echelon programs in football & basketball, and it's my honest opinion that there is wrongdoing going on in around 85-90% of them--at least at the BCS level.

 

I have no doubts that a lot of schools cheat, but to say everyone does to try and justify why Kentucky does is ridiculous.

Princeton.

 

Vanderbilt has.

 

Care to say which conference Liberty Baptist is in?

 

So only one of the Ivy League schools? When and what was Vanderbilt's violation? Not sure about Liberty's conference.

I have no doubts that a lot of schools cheat, but to say everyone does to try and justify why Kentucky does is ridiculous.

 

First, I never said everyone. Don't group me in with those that said so. I clearly stated that the majority of BCS schools cheat, and I'm asking you whether or not you agree with that statement.

 

Secondly, I'm not saying I approve of what Kentucky does. I'm just saying that what we do is no different from the majority of our other BCS brothers. And if you think a lot of schools cheat, why just single out Kentucky for your criticism?

So only one of the Ivy League schools? When and what was Vanderbilt's violation? Not sure about Liberty's conference.

 

1992

 

The description is Unethical Conduct.

 

FWIW, there have been 240 major infractions since 1987. I'm sure some have been repeat schools, but that's a lot of schools with major infractions. Not to mention the 16,668 secondary violations in only the past 5 years.

 

And these are only the violations in the system. Their system is rather new, so I'm sure there's a lot that have slipped through the cracks.

First, I never said everyone. Don't group me in with those that said so. I clearly stated that the majority of BCS schools cheat, and I'm asking you whether or not you agree with that statement.

 

Secondly, I'm not saying I approve of what Kentucky does. I'm just saying that what we do is no different from the majority of our other BCS brothers. And if you think a lot of schools cheat, why just single out Kentucky for your criticism?

 

 

What other programs are discussed on here 95% of the time?

I said everyone and I meant everyone. At a minimum they all work in the grey area or violate rules that are nearly impossible to follow. I have not proof it is simply my opinion. Too much money on the line.

 

I will go one step further. In the area I live in every high school cheats. Not most, everyone of them.

What other programs are discussed on here 95% of the time?

 

 

Patrick, last time I checked you are free to discuss any school your heart desires.

Patrick, last time I checked you are free to discuss any school your heart desires.

 

Not without the HATERS chiming in ....

What other programs are discussed on here 95% of the time?

 

Well, It is "Bluegrass" Preps and a Sports forum. 95% of your responses are laughable at best. Good times. :thumb:

What other programs are discussed on here 95% of the time?

 

Of course UK is discussed more than others. But you're singling them out as though they're the only offenders.

 

And again I ask the question: Do you believe the majority of BCS schools cheat in some form or fashion?

 

(Nice avatar, BTW)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.