Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Enes Kanter received more than $100,000 in cash and benefits...

Featured Replies

Are you serious? The Kanters have kept all records as well because it has been their plan for years for Enes to play college ball in the US , the Turks stand to lose $ if he plays here who do you believe the Kanters or the league? Cal and the Sandy believe the Kanters why can't you? Why would Cal take a chance if they are not clean it makes no sense to risk it!

 

Well he risked it with Rose, Bledsoe, and Dozier. I mean Cal has risked it in the past. I tend to think Kanter and the league are both probably lying a bit to make things better for their case, I mean like most things the truth probably lies somewhere in between.

  • Replies 347
  • Views 46.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well he risked it with Rose, Bledsoe, and Dozier. I mean Cal has risked it in the past. I tend to think Kanter and the league are both probably lying a bit to make things better for their case, I mean like most things the truth probably lies somewhere in between.

First of all obviously Bledsoe was not a risk and you need to read the interview with Kanters father before you call him a liar. Read the interview and you will change your opinion.

First of all obviously Bledsoe was not a risk and you need to read the interview with Kanters father before you call him a liar. Read the interview and you will change your opinion.

 

I read it but like I said often times the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Kanter wants to play college now so of cours he Dad will say the right things.

Nobody from NCAA mandated that read the reporting closely. UK is now holding him out because the time limit ran. This is a rule UK knew about and UK is holding him out because his 45 day window is up. No one called UK and said time is up, UK recognized it on their own. I also worked a semester in the Ole Miss Compliance department, so I have a good handle on how some of this stuff works. I'm not privy to how it all goes but I have a general idea of a lot of the basics. This sort of thing with Kanter happens in tons of sports all the time with a practice window while waiting on official clearance.

What? I will be the first to admit I may not be well versed in compliance issues since I never worked as a student worker in a compliance office, but wasn't the waiver or whatever it was called granted by the NCAA? "Mandate" may not be the correct word, but I think you are just saying differently what I already said. They were operating within what the NCAA requested. I am sure it does happen all the time.

 

I am not buying the "fall sports" argument considering last week the NCAA made their ruling on Dee Bost, basketball player at Mississippi State.

I read it but like I said often times the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Kanter wants to play college now so of cours he Dad will say the right things.

 

Honest question for you HT. Do you really think you can discuss any issues regarding UK without a biased point of view? I mean seriously, you have already admitted here that you do not like UK. Isn't every opinion you express of the UK program going to have a negative slant? If you were in a jury pool to decide anything UK, you would be removed for bias.

Other winter sports, indoor track, ice hockey, fencing, gymnastics, rifle, skiing, and wrestling. There may be more than that but those are the ones that came to mind. And rifle is real Ole Miss has a Women's Rifle team (I couldn't believe it at first I had never heard of it at the college level).

Murray State's rifle team is awesome. They have some national titles and are nationally well known. They are coed though.

Honest question for you HT. Do you really think you can discuss any issues regarding UK without a biased point of view? I mean seriously, you have already admitted here that you do not like UK. Isn't every opinion you express of the UK program going to have a negative slant? If you were in a jury pool to decide anything UK, you would be removed for bias.

 

Oh I'm completely biased, but even if this kid was at say Washington still. I wouldn't be completely convinced of what his parents said. Anytime it's you involved the facts that seem to slant more towards what you want are the ones you emphasize. I think the Kanter's are much more honest than this Turkey team, Euro ball is a very dirty system all the way around. But, don't think for a minute the Kanter's won't do everything they can to get Enes eligible for college ball, so of course nothing he says is going to jeopardize that. I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't have what he said to the paper screened before he talked to them.

What? I will be the first to admit I may not be well versed in compliance issues since I never worked as a student worker in a compliance office, but wasn't the waiver or whatever it was called granted by the NCAA? "Mandate" may not be the correct word, but I think you are just saying differently what I already said. They were operating within what the NCAA requested. I am sure it does happen all the time.

I am not buying the "fall sports" argument considering last week the NCAA made their ruling on Dee Bost, basketball player at Mississippi State.

 

You don't necessarily need a waiver to start practice with a team. For example every potential student athlete can practice up to 15 days just on what's known at "try out" status. Take walk-ons many times their papers have not even been filed when they get a spot on the team. UK would have filed paper work with the NCAA for him to start practice, but it's routine across the board for him to have been granted the 45 day period. Once the 45 days is up UK has to file for an extension to keep allowing him to practice. The 45 day window actually works perfect for basketball too as seeing at the beginning to middle of September you can meet twice a week with your team for a few hours to practice. Then the games start in November. This will usually by a team the entire preseason practice with a player for a decision to be made. But the problem for UK is they starter Kanter's 45 day window early when they practiced him with the team for the Canada trip, had they not done this his 45 days would have likely have allowed him to practice almost right up until the first official game at which point a decision will likely have been made.

Word slowly spreading that UK is expecting a ruling on Kanter by tonight or sometime Monday. Not sure on reliability of this info, but it is being discussed in some circles.

Word slowly spreading that UK is expecting a ruling on Kanter by tonight or sometime Monday. Not sure on reliability of this info, but it is being discussed in some circles.

 

Sounds good, looking forward to a positive ruling. Free ENES! Let's all keep our fingers crossed.

Oh I'm completely biased, but even if this kid was at say Washington still. I wouldn't be completely convinced of what his parents said. Anytime it's you involved the facts that seem to slant more towards what you want are the ones you emphasize. I think the Kanter's are much more honest than this Turkey team, Euro ball is a very dirty system all the way around. But, don't think for a minute the Kanter's won't do everything they can to get Enes eligible for college ball, so of course nothing he says is going to jeopardize that. I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't have what he said to the paper screened before he talked to them.

You are beyound help.

You are beyound help.

 

My wife would have told you that a long time ago.

My wife would have told you that a long time ago.

 

Smart lady. :lol:

 

That was to east HT.

You are beyound help.

 

By the same token too, you are looking at it as a UK fan, so by your bias do you not want to believe that his dad is telling the 100% truth in everything he says? Bias works both ways, it makes me think he might be lying and it makes you believe that is the most honest person alive.

  • Author
By the same token too, you are looking at it as a UK fan, so by your bias do you not want to believe that his dad is telling the 100% truth in everything he says? Bias works both ways, it makes me think he might be lying and it makes you believe that is the most honest person alive.

 

And it is probably somewhere right in the middle.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.