Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Enes Kanter received more than $100,000 in cash and benefits...

Featured Replies

Come on NCAA ley us know what's going on we are tired of waiting!

Go Big Blue!

  • Replies 347
  • Views 46.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I lend zero credibility to Brett Blevins and his information. This guy is a high school JV coach in Union, KY and a wannabe celebrity. He has also had his share of problems recently with the legal system. Frankly, I am surprised that he is still employed at Cooper High School. Let us not get to excited by anything this guy has to say regarding Kanter."

 

Your just jealous. He actually has a good piece.

"I lend zero credibility to Brett Blevins and his information. This guy is a high school JV coach in Union, KY and a wannabe celebrity. He has also had his share of problems recently with the legal system. Frankly, I am surprised that he is still employed at Cooper High School. Let us not get to excited by anything this guy has to say regarding Kanter."

 

Your just jealous. He actually has a good piece.

 

Why in the world would anyone be jealous of that guy?

 

Was it a good piece? Or was it a good piece simply because it was what you wanted to hear?

^I lend zero credibility to Brett Blevins and his information. This guy is a high school JV coach in Union, KY and a wannabe celebrity. He has also had his share of problems recently with the legal system. Frankly, I am surprised that he is still employed at Cooper High School. Let us not get to excited by anything this guy has to say regarding Kanter.

 

 

And a few things are not correct in that blog either.

"I lend zero credibility to Brett Blevins and his information. This guy is a high school JV coach in Union, KY and a wannabe celebrity. He has also had his share of problems recently with the legal system. Frankly, I am surprised that he is still employed at Cooper High School. Let us not get to excited by anything this guy has to say regarding Kanter."

 

Your just jealous. He actually has a good piece.

 

That's funny right there. Jealous of a wannabe? I don't think so. My jealousy is reserved for people with just a tad of credibility. Also, I have never been very jealous of people on Jail Tracker.

QI dont see your stuff getting as much attention. I just dont like it when people have to through personal jabs. It makes you look desperiate.

Ok I have to ask.......Is he allowed to currently practice with team or not?????

Ok I have to ask.......Is he allowed to currently practice with team or not?????

 

As of right now, no.

QI dont see your stuff getting as much attention. I just dont like it when people have to through personal jabs. It makes you look desperiate.

 

Just the facts my friend, just the facts. Not here for attention, maybe you are.

I can't believe that the NCAA is going to ne so anal and drag this Kanter situation out so long come on yes or no!

Go Big Blue!

At this point it's pretty obvious that the Turkish GM did not send the information that he claims to have sent to the NCAA. If so this was cut and dry.

What information is that? You know what information the Turkish GM sent the NCAA?

My unbiased opinion is this, and I think others have come to the same conclusion...It's obvious that the Turkish GM has a lot riding on this, financially speaking. And it's not just with Kanter. The NCAA's decision, as Cal and others have stated, is not just about Kanter but also any other future European player. The club teams there, as I understand, financially benefit when a kid comes to play pro ball in America. And naturally, they profit when the kids stay and play pro in Europe. But when kids come and play college first, they gain nothing. So if the NCAA rules in Kanter's favor, the precedent will be set for future prospects from Europe. With that in mind, this Turkish GM will say or do anything, IMO, to make sure Kanter is ineligible.

 

Having said that, I'm not naive enough to think that Kanter only received minimal money for his services as a player in Turkey. Again this is just my opinion, but I believe Kanter received more than what would be considered "expenses." If that is indeed the case, Enes probably shouldn't be permitted to play at all at the collegiate level (of course, as a UK fan, I hope he gets to play).

 

So I think the NCAA is between a rock and a hard place. I believe they know the truth--that Turkey is falsifying information, but that the Kanters probably aren't being 100% truthful either. But at the same time, college basketball will benefit from having kids like Kanter playing for at least a year. The rule changes they have recently made seem to indicate that the NCAA is opening a door to more European players. But you also have throw in the public perception of this. The Thamel article painted Kanter as a pro, and everyone outside of Kentucky believes the kid forfeited his amateur status. However they rule, the NCAA knows it will be setting a precedent for the future.

 

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why this is taking longer than we thought it would.

 

Just my opinion.

Randy, I think you are spot on :thumb:

It still is taking much longer to make a decisoin than it should, granted it will be setting a precedent for future players on club teams. With less than 3 weeks to go until the season starts, the NCAA isn't doing any favors for UK as they don't know if they will have Kanter or not. Knowing whether or not they will have Kanter would help them in their preparation for the season. While I'm assuming they are going ahead with the presumption that Kanter won't be there, if he is cleared, it will hamper them (at least first) as they start to incorporate him into their gameplans and schemes.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.