Manual vs St.Xavier

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In your lifetime Manual stands 21-2 against Male, 19-2 against St. X, and 6-1 against Trinity. Nothing against Manual, but I stand by what I said, Manual has to learn how to win big games, especially in the playoffs.

That's a realistic statement. Maybe this year Manual has learned. However, Manual has improved a lot in the past few years. The "Big Three" can hear their footsteps.

Upon further review... I find that I was slighting the Ballard Bruins. Going back to 1990, Ballard is 119-69 as opposed to Manual's 81-90. Since 2000 Ballard is 45-23 with 3 playoff wins while Manual is 41-24 with 2 playoff victories. Pretty close with the Bruins edging out the Crimsons.

Ballard is not in the same district and does plays an easier not district schedule.

3, and prior to the State Championships starting we were the top rated team in the state many times.

The KHSAA has you guys with two, 1959 and 1966.

Meanwhile, Male has won six (60, 63, 64, 93, 98 and 00). X has won eleven (62, 69, 74, 75, 78, 86, 92, 95, 97, 99 and 04). Trinity has fifteen (modesty prevents me from listing them all). :lol:

The KHSAA has you guys with two, 1959 and 1966.

Meanwhile, Male has won six (60, 63, 64, 93, 98 and 00). X has won eleven (62, 69, 74, 75, 78, 86, 92, 95, 97, 99 and 04). Trinity has fifteen (modesty prevents me from listing them all). :lol:

Maybe it's time for a Public/Private school split. Trinity and X are just too strong. How do they get all those good players anyway??? 120 per freshman team each year!!!

Maybe it's time for a Public/Private school split. Trinity and X are just too strong. How do they get all those good players anyway??? 120 per freshman team each year!!!

Can't speak for X, but Trinity doesn't ever have 120 on the freshman team. A couple of years ago the freshman team got up over 100 but the past few years its been around the 85 range (and this years team was in the 70s). Latest stats shows Manual's enrollment at 1894, so lets say 947 boys. That should give us around 237 freshman boys. Trinity has 1,400 boys. That gives us 350 freshman boys. That means that 25% of Trinity's freshman go out for football to create the squad of 85. If 25% of Manual's freshman boys went out for football they would have a freshman squad of 60. Do they? It didn't look like 60 when we played back in september. Heck, if Manual's staff did as good a job of retaining players as Coach Glaser does, they would have a varsity squad of 90 to 100. When was the last time that happened? Maybe the playing field isn't as uneven as you think.

Can't speak for X, but Trinity doesn't ever have 120 on the freshman team. A couple of years ago the freshman team got up over 100 but the past few years its been around the 85 range (and this years team was in the 70s). Latest stats shows Manual's enrollment at 1894, so lets say 947 boys. That should give us around 237 freshman boys. Trinity has 1,400 boys. That gives us 350 freshman boys. That means that 25% of Trinity's freshman go out for football to create the squad of 85. If 25% of Manual's freshman boys went out for football they would have a freshman squad of 60. Do they? It didn't look like 60 when we played back in september. Heck, if Manual's staff did as good a job of retaining players as Coach Glaser does, they would have a varsity squad of 90 to 100. When was the last time that happened? Maybe the playing field isn't as uneven as you think.

Yes it is.