Manual vs St.Xavier

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upon further review Trinity wasn't even opened till Manual had 50+ years of big time wins so who cares about your random sample that includes the Crimsons worst era ever. :rolleyes:

Sadly, even with that headstart, Manual doesn't have as many titles as the so called "newcomer".

No, thats just as far back as I could quickly find on the KHSAA site. However it does present a pretty good picture of the modern football scene in Jefferson County. At first I limited my scope to just the past five years or so (Nichols tenure I thought) but then looked deeper to see if it painted a different picture. Manual's record just got worse. Sorry.

Nichols took over in '01. If you go from there, WE have the slight edge over Ballard. :thumb:

But isn't that LSU's point? You are more on the level of Ballard than X, Male or T?

We don't care, is our point. LSU did a wonderful job of creating n issue that wasn't there, and for which there is no argument; Except to say that Manual DOES take pride of place in Louisville for teams outside the Big Three, in the past few years. Until other area teams start competing against the Big Three like we have, or we start getting blown out again, that'll be my opinion. That doesn't mean we think we're IN the Big Three, because that's ludicrous.

But my point is correct in that you have more in common with Ballard than you do with Trinity,X or Male during that period.

We have more in common with NO ONE during that period. We're our own animal, a slot about the rest of Louisville, a spot below the Big Three.

Just so everyone gets the message, I'll post this in here, too.

ST. X CHOSE FOR MANUAL TO HAVE THE TRAPPINGS OF HOME TEAM.

Manual 'purchased' the rights by charging no rent on the stadium, and giving X the parking.