Manual vs St.Xavier

When did you start hedging so much on your predictions? Have you become a flip-flopper?:lol: :lol: :lol:

I call 'em like I see 'em (although I would rather have a rematch against the Reds than against the green housecats).

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are comparing Manual's success with that of X, you are living in a dream world. X wins district, X wins region and they win state some years. Manual has done none of that. Lets not forget that the year Manual defeated Trinity in September, the Crimsons watched as the Rocks defeated the Tigers for the state title in December. Quite frankly, I'm getting pretty tired of the thought that Manual is on the same level as the Big Three in any way. Check the record book, I bet Manual is more on the level of Ballard than Trinity, X or Male.

Actually, if you check the record book, the only team of the 5 you mention to have won a mythical national title, would be Manual. Twice. :thumb:

My point is that he made a factual error in his post, when he said that Manual 'never' beats X, Male or Trinity. Although I do understand his rhetorical point, I just would like to get the facts out there. Manual isn't on the level of Male, Trinity, or X, but in the past 5 years we're the closest competition.

No Manual poster claims that Manual is a member of the Big Three. In fact, if you'll go back and look at posts of mine and a few others we're pretty clear that we don't want to be. We're comfortable with our own identity, and we don't need to be in your stupid club.

In your lifetime Manual stands 21-2 against Male, 19-2 against St. X, and 6-1 against Trinity. Nothing against Manual, but I stand by what I said, Manual has to learn how to win big games, especially in the playoffs.

I understand your point. But you if you stand by what you actually said, I can't agree with that, because you are factually incorrect. Manual has won some big games against Male and Trinity in the recent past. But I'd like to see us win a few more.

Upon further review... I find that I was slighting the Ballard Bruins. Going back to 1990, Ballard is 119-69 as opposed to Manual's 81-90. Since 2000 Ballard is 45-23 with 3 playoff wins while Manual is 41-24 with 2 playoff victories. Pretty close with the Bruins edging out the Crimsons.

I like theTigers again in this one. Two things about the first win: 1) Vic didn't play which allowed Manual to concentrate on Mattingly, and 2) X didn't show a whole lot in the game, maybe because Vic was out. Coach Glaser even commented on his show that we should have openned up a little more. X does not overlook Manual, who gave them all they wanted the first time around.

I like theTigers again in this one. Two things about the first win: 1) Vic didn't play which allowed Manual to concentrate on Mattingly, and 2) X didn't show a whole lot in the game, maybe because Vic was out. Coach Glaser even commented on his show that we should have openned up a little more. X does not overlook Manual, who gave them all they wanted the first time around.

Unfortunately, I agree with most of the post. I would point out that Manual didn't know Vic would be out and didn't prepare for X without him.

It would be an upset for Manual to win, and will require them playing a perfect game.

Unfortunately, I agree with most of the post. I would point out that Manual didn't know Vic would be out and didn't prepare for X without him.

It would be an upset for Manual to win, and will require them playing a perfect game.

:thumb: If we win this game, the improvement won't be on defense, though. When we get the opportunities that we MISSED in game 1, we've got to punch it in this time.

Upon further review... I find that I was slighting the Ballard Bruins. Going back to 1990, Ballard is 119-69 as opposed to Manual's 81-90. Since 2000 Ballard is 45-23 with 3 playoff wins while Manual is 41-24 with 2 playoff victories. Pretty close with the Bruins edging out the Crimsons.

Because we all know that football was invented in the spring of '89... :lol:

And can we be faulted that we play in the district AND semistate which is known to be much more difficult than Ballard's?

When was the last time Ballard beat Male? When was the last time Ballard beat Trinity?

Because we all know that football was invented in the spring of '89... :lol:

And can we be faulted that we play in the district AND semistate which is known to be much more difficult than Ballard's?

When was the last time Ballard beat Male? When was the last time Ballard beat Trinity?

No, thats just as far back as I could quickly find on the KHSAA site. However it does present a pretty good picture of the modern football scene in Jefferson County. At first I limited my scope to just the past five years or so (Nichols tenure I thought) but then looked deeper to see if it painted a different picture. Manual's record just got worse. Sorry.

Upon further review Trinity wasn't even opened till Manual had 50+ years of big time wins so who cares about your random sample that includes the Crimsons worst era ever. :rolleyes: