Manual vs St.Xavier

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

St. X hasn't put together a complete game since Highlands, the Tigers have been doing just enough to win. It looks like everyone will be healthy for the first time in 6 weeks and expect to see a more wide open offense this time around. The pressure is on Manual, and I expect to see St. X win by double digits.

How is the pressure on Manual? They aren't the ones going into the game as the defending state champion, on a 23 gaame winning streak and being the number 1 team in the state aat game time. The pressure should be all on X. They have a lot more to lose in a loss than Manual would.

The Crimsons can play with X--its just a matter of whether they can play close enough to mistake-free to pull out the "W". Every time Manual plays X, I wonder if this will be the game when they will finally put it all together, and win. If you're an X supporter, a game with the Crimsons is a little like Russian roulette--you never know if the gun will fire when you pull the trigger.

I have to go with X, but I give Manual a 1 in 4 chance of pulling the upset.

St X 28

Manual 21

The Crimsons can play with X--its just a matter of whether they can play close enough to mistake-free to pull out the "W". Every time Manual plays X, I wonder if this will be the game when they will finally put it all together, and win. If you're an X supporter, a game with the Crimsons is a little like Russian roulette--you never know if the gun will fire when you pull the trigger.

I have to go with X, but I give Manual a 1 in 4 chance of pulling the upset.

St X 28

Manual 21

When did you start hedging so much on your predictions? Have you become a flip-flopper?:lol: :lol: :lol:

How is the pressure on Manual? They aren't the ones going into the game as the defending state champion, on a 23 gaame winning streak and being the number 1 team in the state aat game time. The pressure should be all on X. They have a lot more to lose in a loss than Manual would.

Yes, St. X has a lot on the line, but I don't think that is affecting them at all right now. Winning big games is more than Xs and Os, it is also about mental attitudes, you have to learn how to win big games. Manual has had plenty of opportunities in the past few years to win big games against the "Big 3" but have managed to come up short during the 4th quarter every time. After this happens repeatedly, it becomes harder to win these games as everyone has in the back of their mind memories of past performances. (Similar to UK playing FL, GA, TN etc., they hang tight until the end of the game and somehow manage to loose via play calling, execution, or even officiating. It is the difference between the mental aspect of playing to win and playing not to loose.) Which team do you think was more confident at the end of the Manual/Male game? Manual needs a "breakout" win to overcome this attitude, let's hope it is not against St. X.

This is the most talented Manual team I can remember since I was in high school many years ago. St. X will not overlook them.

Yes, St. X has a lot on the line, but I don't think that is affecting them at all right now. Winning big games is more than Xs and Os, it is also about mental attitudes, you have to learn how to win big games. Manual has had plenty of opportunities in the past few years to win big games against the "Big 3" but have managed to come up short during the 4th quarter every time. After this happens repeatedly, it becomes harder to win these games as everyone has in the back of their mind memories of past performances. (Similar to UK playing FL, GA, TN etc., they hang tight until the end of the game and somehow manage to loose via play calling, execution, or even officiating. It is the difference between the mental aspect of playing to win and playing not to loose.) Which team do you think was more confident at the end of the Manual/Male game? Manual needs a "breakout" win to overcome this attitude, let's hope it is not against St. X.

This is the most talented Manual team I can remember since I was in high school many years ago. St. X will not overlook them.

Every time, huh? I didn't graduate oh so long ago, and in the space of my senior season to now, we've beaten Male AND Trinity. How many teams have beaten both of those schools in that time? Just St. X and Manual. So thanks but no thanks.

Every time, huh? I didn't graduate oh so long ago, and in the space of my senior season to now, we've beaten Male AND Trinity. How many teams have beaten both of those schools in that time? Just St. X and Manual. So thanks but no thanks.

But we still fall short more often than not. I'm hoping this Friday will be a NOT.

If you are comparing Manual's success with that of X, you are living in a dream world. X wins district, X wins region and they win state some years. Manual has done none of that. Lets not forget that the year Manual defeated Trinity in September, the Crimsons watched as the Rocks defeated the Tigers for the state title in December. Quite frankly, I'm getting pretty tired of the thought that Manual is on the same level as the Big Three in any way. Check the record book, I bet Manual is more on the level of Ballard than Trinity, X or Male.

In your lifetime Manual stands 21-2 against Male, 19-2 against St. X, and 6-1 against Trinity. Nothing against Manual, but I stand by what I said, Manual has to learn how to win big games, especially in the playoffs.