Manual vs St.Xavier

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LSU Rock once again shows us his intelligence with cold hard facts. Anyway, the coaches at Manual have very little to do with which students actually get accepted to the school. The students must ALL go through the application process. Not every prospective football player gets accepted. When the final numbers come in for a freshman class, you may have 400 total students. Take a possible (?) 50% to figure a number of 200 males. Now even if that figure of 200 males all football propects in nature, that would be a good number. As we now should know, you need to take into account that a large percentage of those 200 males are also YPAS students or there for academics only. Your 25% figure to go on would still only amount to @ 50 young men to try football. Believe me that there are some that come out year to year that have NEVER played with a football much less participated in an organized form of the sport. I know that is no ones's fault but just shedding some light on a situation that some seem to think they know about. So, if this formula (that seems to work for LSU Rock and his favorite program) were applied to Manual, then we would theoretically have 50 freshmen football players. Reality check ! We have 35-40 players sign up to play but generally get an average of 30 per year. Of the senior class of 2005 (last years class) only 19 stayed all four years. Looking at this year's senior class, 32 of an original 35 have stayed to play their senior season. Once again, LSU Rock takes a jab at the staff at Manual with a comment about retaining players and fielding a team of 100 players. This year as in the past, Manual does not make a habit of dressing freshmen on the varsity team, only a select few have in the past five years. Manual still had @ 72 dress varsity on average this season. Do we want or need 100? Not particularly if the 70 that we have are not going to see significant time anyway. I am sure the teams that do have 100+ on varsity face the pitfalls that go along with trying to keep those players active. But hey, different strokes for different folks. I am also certain that if those 50 (?) would just work harder and get better quality coaching, we would not be having this discussion or many other discussions on this board. HAHAHAH!

To all Ram brothers... The sky is blue, I await your rebuttal...

I'm posting the numbers right out of the JCPS publication, you guys simply respond by saying that you don't believe its true and link the KHSAA site numbers. Thats laughable. I think I've already proven that I've got pages and pages of detail to support my claim. Your response, "I don't think so". Final offer, PM me your address and I will send you a copy of the ,and I repeat, official document from the JCPS not the sports governing body. :lol:

LSU Rock once again shows us his intelligence with cold hard facts. Anyway, the coaches at Manual have very little to do with which students actually get accepted to the school. The students must ALL go through the application process. Not every prospective football player gets accepted. When the final numbers come in for a freshman class, you may have 400 total students. Take a possible (?) 50% to figure a number of 200 males. Now even if that figure of 200 males all football propects in nature, that would be a good number. As we now should know, you need to take into account that a large percentage of those 200 males are also YPAS students or there for academics only. Your 25% figure to go on would still only amount to @ 50 young men to try football. Believe me that there are some that come out year to year that have NEVER played with a football much less participated in an organized form of the sport. I know that is no ones's fault but just shedding some light on a situation that some seem to think they know about. So, if this formula (that seems to work for LSU Rock and his favorite program) were applied to Manual, then we would theoretically have 50 freshmen football players. Reality check ! We have 35-40 players sign up to play but generally get an average of 30 per year. Of the senior class of 2005 (last years class) only 19 stayed all four years. Looking at this year's senior class, 32 of an original 35 have stayed to play their senior season. Once again, LSU Rock takes a jab at the staff at Manual with a comment about retaining players and fielding a team of 100 players. This year as in the past, Manual does not make a habit of dressing freshmen on the varsity team, only a select few have in the past five years. Manual still had @ 72 dress varsity on average this season. Do we want or need 100? Not particularly if the 70 that we have are not going to see significant time anyway. I am sure the teams that do have 100+ on varsity face the pitfalls that go along with trying to keep those players active. But hey, different strokes for different folks. I am also certain that if those 50 (?) would just work harder and get better quality coaching, we would not be having this discussion or many other discussions on this board. HAHAHAH!

And of course we all know that every student that ever attended Trinity or X did so with the exclusive intent to play football. If you read between your own lines you will realize that you are making my point that a big part of the problem is participation not just raw numbers. I never said a thing about "just work harder" or "better quality coaching", those are your words, not mine.

To all Ram brothers... The sky is blue, I await your rebuttal...

I'm posting the numbers right out of the JCPS publication, you guys simply respond by saying that you don't believe its true and link the KHSAA site numbers. Thats laughable. I think I've already proven that I've got pages and pages of detail to support my claim. Your response, "I don't think so". Final offer, PM me your address and I will send you a copy of the ,and I repeat, official document from the JCPS not the sports governing body. :lol:

What about from MANUAL?

http://dupontmanual.com/about.shtml

Today Manual is a blend of traditional education and innovative trends. With a student body of 1780 and a teaching faculty of ninety-seven, three assistant principals, a head principal and three guidance counselors, Manual continues to thrive.

:sssh:

If you guys are so sure the numbers are incorrect, maybe we should refer your names to the Attorney General for possible testimony in the fraud case against the JCPS. I can only assume that JCPS is filing bogus numbers with the government in an effort to recieve illegal reimbursement. This could be a blockbuster for the CJ, and just think the Ram brothers could be the "Deep Throat" that brings down this whole scam. :lol:

I just imagine LSU rocking back and foth, in a room covered in press clippings of Manual, and polaroid photos of the building, muttering to himself.

Seriously, man, it's time for a new hobby. We WENT to Manual, and aren't as interested in it as you are.

What about from MANUAL?

http://dupontmanual.com/about.shtml

:sssh:

Sorry Charlie but no sale. There is no official data on that web site. That thing is maintained by the folks at Manual. The thing I'm looking at has all kinds of official language on it. I am impressed with the fact that Manual has the lowest free lunch participation in the city, only 11.8%. You also had the lowest number of suspensions, 32. Wonder why your site skipped over all this stuff? Maybe because its basically a marketing piece, you know the one you guys said didn't exist over on the public/private forum. :lol:

I just imagine LSU rocking back and foth, in a room covered in press clippings of Manual, and polaroid photos of the building, muttering to himself.

Seriously, man, it's time for a new hobby. We WENT to Manual, and aren't as interested in it as you are.

You forgot about the steel balls rotating in my hand while I recalled the strawberry incident. Thats when I knew I had them.

You forgot about the steel balls rotating in my hand while I recalled the strawberry incident. Thats when I knew I had them.

Speak not of the strawberry incident! You'll get us ALL into trouble then! Keep the fight IN BOUNDS man!

:lol:

The Sultan doesnt get all this public/private camel crap. The Sultan doesnt care, play football, all the Sultan cares about is that sweet smell of moms apple pie. It is the season of togetherness and we should all come together and be unified. The two teams in this classic battle are representing the heart of Louisville and the best it has to offer. So what if one is representing the dark side:)

Manual 14

The X Men 35

The Sultan .... is your father