Manual vs St.Xavier

LSU Rock is the first one that would come back to this board bashing Manual coaches if they were to take some chances and roll the dice, throw caution to the wind and go all in, blah, balh, blah. He should think about quality versus quantity when bashing dalen5 for only having 16 posts.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your argument is layed out very cleverly to de-emphasize the greater than 450 student discrepancy between Manual's male enrollment and Trinity and X's enrollments by comparing just the size of freshman football rosters. Sixty compared to eighty-five doesn't seem like that big a difference--quit whining. But let's really take a look at the numbers. There was a letter to the Editor in the Oct 7 Courier where the writer surveyed several local 4A high schools by phone to find out how many boys were in the current senior class. His findings:

Trinity 365

Ballard 200

Manual 198

Butler 182

Eastern 176

Pleasure Ridge Park 150

Male 141

Now there is certainly some fluctuation in these numbers from one year to the next. For example, in a more typical year Male has about 180 boys in its senior class. On the privateschoolreview.com website, Trinity is shown as having 313 seniors (and between 370-380 in grades 9-11). But one cannot just brush off a fairly consistent 50% enrollment advantage as LSU does in his last statement ("Maybe the playing field isn't as uneven as you think.").

I believe that Trinity has less than 20 senior on the roster right now, correct me if I am wrong.

The Rams game has gotten much better offensively then the beginning of the year. I think that might surprise the Tigers.

The St.X defense has improved greatly the last several games.They have found a few more guys who can really play and had a running back moved to LB.Also Kramer is healthy again- he did not play in the first game.I think the X D will surprise the Saint Manual billy goats.

Fern Creek has that many. 27 of 300+ what an advantage!!! :thumb:

If they're the best, out of those 300, then the advantage is obvious.

We all know that the Senior class is where you see the numbers the most pared down. It doesn't change anything about the talent pool.

If they're the best, out of those 300, then the advantage is obvious.

We all know that the Senior class is where you see the numbers the most pared down. It doesn't change anything about the talent pool.

C'mon....now we (private schools) shouldn't put our best players on the field? :rolleyes:

I'm so HEARTILY sick of this whole debacle. :creepy:

C'mon....now we (private schools) shouldn't put our best players on the field? :rolleyes:

I'm so HEARTILY sick of this whole debacle. :creepy:

You know I want to see all 300 of your best players on the field at one time, so that the one time Manual wins its all that much sweeter. :thumb:

You know I want to see all 300 of your best players on the field at one time, so that the one time Manual wins its all that much sweeter. :thumb:

You know what makes it SO awful...

You guys brag (rightfully so) about the academics and the difficulty in gaining admittance to your school. You mentioned the difficulty in fielding a football team of academics, yet you get upset that a school who accepts ALL students, regardless of academic ability, as long as they can pay tuition, is able to field a quality football team made up of kids of ALL academic abilities.

Who's limiting whom in the football talent pool?

No they both played for the Flaget Rams in the Muahammad Ali League. They play their games mostly at parks in the West End. I understand that Victor Anderson was mostly under the radar because that team also had Rico Neal as a RB. Neal is the RB at Central this year.

The St.X defense has improved greatly the last several games.They have found a few more guys who can really play and had a running back moved to LB.Also Kramer is healthy again- he did not play in the first game.I think the X D will surprise the Saint Manual billy goats.
Just so you know, that whole Saint Male, Saint Manual thing is an Anti-Catholic monicker that has been used on lots of schools to accuse them of cheating, recruiting, and getting undue money from the system. They used it on Ballard, Male and Fern Creek back when I played. Basically every time you use that term you are saying that Catholics are cheats and that school is cheating. As I told someone else, that maynot be how you meant it but that is what it means!!

Everytime you use it you are basically promoting the idea that Catholics play dirty, cheat, pay players and recruit, because that has been what calling a team St. Male or St. Ballard (basketball) has meant for years in the public schools.