Manual vs St.Xavier

Just so you know, that whole Saint Male, Saint Manual thing is an Anti-Catholic monicker that has been used on lots of schools to accuse them of cheating, recruiting, and getting undue money from the system. They used it on Ballard, Male and Fern Creek back when I played. Basically every time you use that term you are saying that Catholics are cheats and that school is cheating. As I told someone else, that maynot be how you meant it but that is what it means!!

Everytime you use it you are basically promoting the idea that Catholics play dirty, cheat, pay players and recruit, because that has been what calling a team St. Male or St. Ballard (basketball) has meant for years in the public schools.

Just having a little pre-game fun with no under lying meanings meant.Poeple are getting so sensitive that they can't even have a little fun any more without getting bent out of shape.My post had 100% to do with the improvement of the St.X defense in my opinion.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enough with the sideshow guys. Keep it on the game and leave the nicknames out of it.

As a reminder, here are rules 2 & 3

2. No disparaging, taunting, or boastful comments especially between opponents trying to intimidate each other.

3. No name calling, personal attacks or derogatory remarks toward any member, their username or school. Derogatory comments about anyone's race, religion, nationality, creed or sexual orientation will not be tolerated.

You know what makes it SO awful...

You guys brag (rightfully so) about the academics and the difficulty in gaining admittance to your school. You mentioned the difficulty in fielding a football team of academics, yet you get upset that a school who accepts ALL students, regardless of academic ability, as long as they can pay tuition, is able to field a quality football team made up of kids of ALL academic abilities.

Who's limiting whom in the football talent pool?

You're off base about how I feel about this subject, RM.

Anyway the keys to the game are thus:

For Manual

-Keep the Tigers Defense on their toes switching up the offense and successfully completing some big play passes EARLY in the game.

-Don't play tight, just business as usual

-Play FOUR quarters!!!

-Contain Anderson.

-Play perfection on Special Teams!!

-Limit Turnovers

Keys for the Tigers

- Stop the Rams run attack

-Capitialize on any mistakes or turnovers

-Play good defense.

You know what makes it SO awful...

You guys brag (rightfully so) about the academics and the difficulty in gaining admittance to your school. You mentioned the difficulty in fielding a football team of academics, yet you get upset that a school who accepts ALL students, regardless of academic ability, as long as they can pay tuition, is able to field a quality football team made up of kids of ALL academic abilities.

Who's limiting whom in the football talent pool?

That has never made us upset! We are fine with the status quo Rockmom, it is your guys that have a problem with us because of what school we went to, we have been very clear we want the games to continue whether things are evened out or not.

We are fine with the status quo Rockmom, it is your guys that have a problem with us because of what school we went to, we have been very clear we want the games to continue whether things are evened out or not.

Interesting take now.

We're fine with the status quo as well, Ram...until the mudslinging starts about the Private schools "unfair" advantages.

Interesting take now.

We're fine with the status quo as well, Ram...until the mudslinging starts about the Private schools "unfair" advantages.

Never said unfair. Manual has advantages over Iroquios, but that doesn't mean that they're cheating.

Interesting take now.

No stop it right there. You are being entirely unfair about my stance!!

I think that there ARE advantages for the privates. Ie. Title 9, numbers, ability to attrach players from a wider range. That doesn't mean I have EVER said that I don't want them to play Manual!!! I have been against prop 20 from the beginning but I am not going to sit here and listen to private schoolers cry about the fact that the publics brought it up. How many championships do St. X and Trinity account for since 4 A started? Isn't it like 2/3rds of them? Sorry but that points to an advantage!! They do exist!! That is all I have ever said!!! I never have accused them of cheating, I never have said I don't think Manual can compete with them. And for you to misrepresent me in a Thread that your school is not even a participant in kinda burns me. The only time I am slinging mud is when people act like there is no advantage or that Manual is the cause of the problem and the privates are some golden example on a hill.

No stop it right there. You are being entirely unfair about my stance!!

I think that there ARE advantages for the privates. Ie. Title 9, numbers, ability to attrach players from a wider range. That doesn't mean I have EVER said the I don't want them to play Manual!!! I have been against prop 20 from the beginning but I am not going to sit here and listen to private schoolers cry about the fact that the publics brought it up. How many championships do St. X and Trinity account for since 4 A started? Isn't it like 2/3rds of them? Sorry but that points to an advantage!! They do exist!! That is all I have ever said!!! I never have accused them of cheating, I never have said I don't think Manual can compete with them. And for you to misrepresent me in a Thread that your school is not even a participant in kinda burns me. The only time I am slinging mud is when people act like there is no advantage or that Manual is the cause of the problem and the privates are some golden example on a hill.

See my post above yours.

I'm glad this thread has gotten back on the game itself, rather than being drug through the mud of the public/private hassle. :rolleyes:

I believe the Rams will see a major difference in the Tiger team that takes the field this Friday versus the one they faced on 9/30. With numerous injuries, especially to Anderson, Kramer, and Sandsbury, the Tigers played a very conservative game last time. With all these players healthy once again, the Tigers should be humming full tilt on both sides of the ball, posing a quantum leap in headaches for Coach Nichols. :cool:

:ylsuper: GO TIGERS!! :ylsuper:

I'm glad this thread has gotten back on the game itself, rather than being drug through the mud of the public/private hassel. :rolleyes:

I believe the Rams will see a major difference in the Tiger team that takes the field this Friday versus the one they faced on 9/30. With numerous injuries, especially to Anderson, Kramer, and Sandsbury, the Tigers played a very conservative game last time. With all these players healthy once again, the Tigers should be humming full tilt on both sides of the ball, posing a quantum leap in headaches for Coach Nichols. :cool:

:ylsuper: GO TIGERS!! :ylsuper:

I just heard that mutton is back on the menu at Check's and Flabby's this Friday- Go Tigers!