Manual vs St.Xavier

Can't speak for X, but Trinity doesn't ever have 120 on the freshman team. A couple of years ago the freshman team got up over 100 but the past few years its been around the 85 range (and this years team was in the 70s). Latest stats shows Manual's enrollment at 1894, so lets say 947 boys. That should give us around 237 freshman boys. Trinity has 1,400 boys. That gives us 350 freshman boys. That means that 25% of Trinity's freshman go out for football to create the squad of 85. If 25% of Manual's freshman boys went out for football they would have a freshman squad of 60. Do they? It didn't look like 60 when we played back in september. Heck, if Manual's staff did as good a job of retaining players as Coach Glaser does, they would have a varsity squad of 90 to 100. When was the last time that happened? Maybe the playing field isn't as uneven as you think.

Your numbers are wrong, for several reasons.

For one thing, Manual's enrollment is about 1,500. If evenly split, that's 750 boys. In reality, there's probably 650 boys and 850 girls (and I'm erring on the side of caution here! It really was a wonderful place... :D ) That comes out to 162 boys per class. Go ahead and drop about 50 of them for YPAS, cause they really don't come out for football, and we're sitting at about 115 boys per class. If 1/3 of all the nerds came out for football, we'd get about 40 freshmen players. Which is about what you get.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your numbers are wrong, for several reasons.

For one thing, Manual's enrollment is about 1,500. If evenly split, that's 750 boys. In reality, there's probably 650 boys and 850 girls (and I'm erring on the side of caution here! It really was a wonderful place... :D ) That comes out to 162 boys per class. Go ahead and drop about 50 of them for YPAS, cause they really don't come out for football, and we're sitting at about 115 boys per class. If 1/3 of all the nerds came out for football, we'd get about 40 freshmen players. Which is about what you get.

Sorry to burst your bubble but you are wrong. I got the numbers from JCPS. They list Manual as having a capacity of 1,800 and an enrollment of 1,894. Do you really think I would come on this board without the facts? I can tell you their average CAT scores, their Student/Teacher ratio, etc. Manual has a chance to work harder, get kids out and increase your numbers if you think that is the answer. Trust me, Manual doesn't have a monopoly on so called "nerds". Are YPAS students not allowed to play sports?

Sorry to burst your bubble but you are wrong. I got the numbers from JCPS. They list Manual as having a capacity of 1,800 and an enrollment of 1,894. Do you really think I would come on this board without the facts? I can tell you their average CAT scores, their Student/Teacher ratio, etc. Manual has a chance to work harder, get kids out and increase your numbers if you think that is the answer. Trust me, Manual doesn't have a monopoly on so called "nerds". Are YPAS students not allowed to play sports?
LSU, it must be a typo unless they have found a way to cram 200 more students in the building than when I graduated.

YPAS students usually have afterschool requirements that prevent them from playing sports. Also mostly they are singers, dancers, and actors not typically the athlete type.

NO way your numbers are right LSU sorry.

After more research, both LSU and myself are wrong by about 200 total students; RRR appears to have hit the nail on the head. There are approximatly 1700 students at Manual.

That makes about 45 freshmen that come out for football, if you take 1/3 of all non-YPAS males.

Trust me, Manual doesn't have a monopoly on so called "nerds". Are YPAS students not allowed to play sports?

No, but so called "nerds" have a monopoly on Manual... :lol:

And in most cases, no, not unless they want to fail their major. Being a YPAS student REQUIRES after school practices and evening performances. :thumb:

Sorry guys but I'll stick with the official JCPS publication. No typo, just the facts. Did you know that your CATs index is one of only two in the county in triple digits, Manual is at 101.8 while Male edges you out at 102.1. However both of those schools declined since last year, Manual by 2.2% and Male by 1.6%. Pretty technical stuff huh? I've got pages of it. So as you can see I'm not making this stuff up and I'm not basing it on anyone's recollection. Just the cold hard facts in black and white. BTW, Male has a capacity of 1,634 and an enrollment of 1,683. As far as enrollment goes in JCPS high schools, only Eastern at 1,924 and PRP at 1,956 are larger than Manual. Sorry if this info doesn't square with your perception, but I assure you it is factual. You could look it up. Or you could call and have JCPS send you one like I did.

Back to the game I think that the Crimsons need to play at the top of there game. No mental mistakes. But I think the Tigers are beatable. Make no mistake it is always harder to win the second time around for both sides, I think it could be a very good game!!

Sorry guys but I'll stick with the official JCPS publication. No typo, just the facts. Did you know that your CATs index is one of only two in the county in triple digits, Manual is at 101.8 while Male edges you out at 102.1. However both of those schools declined since last year, Manual by 2.2% and Male by 1.6%. Pretty technical stuff huh? I've got pages of it. So as you can see I'm not making this stuff up and I'm not basing it on anyone's recollection. Just the cold hard facts in black and white. BTW, Male has a capacity of 1,634 and an enrollment of 1,683. As far as enrollment goes in JCPS high schools, only Eastern at 1,924 and PRP at 1,956 are larger than Manual. Sorry if this info doesn't square with your perception, but I assure you it is factual. You could look it up. Or you could call and have JCPS send you one like I did.
Your facts are wrong.

The KHSAA has you guys with two, 1959 and 1966.

Meanwhile, Male has won six (60, 63, 64, 93, 98 and 00). X has won eleven (62, 69, 74, 75, 78, 86, 92, 95, 97, 99 and 04). Trinity has fifteen (modesty prevents me from listing them all). :lol:

When referring to the Rocks football success is Modest LSU an oxymoron? :lol:

Well, some one at Manual needs to tell JCPS to get their facts straight. Becuase Manual quite clearly says they have between 1700 and 1800 nearly every year. :thumb: