Tattoo Advice

formerkywrestler

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think long and hard about what you want and pay top dollar to get it done by someone who knows what they are doing.

I don't think the sun would be an issue as long as you kept it wrapped up. Not sure about a lake or pond, I would definitely stay out of pools for a week to 10 days.

Seems to me that a lake or pond would be far more harmful to an open wound than chlorine.

I agree. For health concerns, (if tattoos are succeptible to infections, and I have no idea how much they are) I'd avoid lakes and especially ponds and rivers. Way too many wee-beasties floating around in our water. If chlorine fades a new tattoo, then swimming pools are probably not a good idea either. I guess you'll have to sit with your toes in the water for a while.

June is a great month for fly fishing for panfish, you could use your time that way. :thumb:

I'm thinking of getting one that says "I love drivel"

:lol: Good one doc.

I'll say it.

IMVHO Tattooing is silly.

I am in the position that I interview people for jobs. If I see a tattoo (or facial piercing, including tongue for that matter) I am instantly predisposed to turning them down. The company I work for just started enforcing a "no visible tattoos" policy that has been on the books for a while but over looked. It's been somewhat comical seeing the use of band-aids and tape to cover them.

I believe that tatoos make a man look "low brow" and thuggish. I think thay make women look trashy and cheap.

I believe that a person that feels the need to have visible tattoos is just trying to draw attention to themselves.

My advice would be not to get one at all.

I'll say it.

I am in the position that I interview people for jobs. If I see a tattoo (or facial piercing, including tongue for that matter) I am instantly predisposed to turning them down. The company I work for just started enforcing a "no visible tattoos" policy that has been on the books for a while but over looked. It's been somewhat comical seeing the use of band-aids and tape to cover them.

I believe that tatoos make a man look "low brow" and thuggish. I think thay make women look trashy and cheap.

I believe that a person that feels the need to have visible tattoos is just trying to draw attention to themselves.

Well, you're right, you said it.:lol:

And for the record I agree.

I'll say it.

I agree as well.

For the reasons All Tell mentioned if you do get a tattoo I certainly wouldn't get it on your wrist or anywhere that is visible with normal work attire or when wearing a suit.

I'll say it.

Sorry...didn't really ask for that kind of advice. I have talked to both my bosses and they are completely ok with it. One said that if it ever cost us business we wouldn't want to deal with those people anyways.

And frankly I wouldn't want to work for someone who thought differently. So if it ever prevents me from getting a job then I'll consider that a blessing.

I agree. For health concerns, (if tattoos are succeptible to infections, and I have no idea how much they are) I'd avoid lakes and especially ponds and rivers. Way too many wee-beasties floating around in our water. If chlorine fades a new tattoo, then swimming pools are probably not a good idea either. I guess you'll have to sit with your toes in the water for a while.

June is a great month for fly fishing for panfish, you could use your time that way. :thumb:

:lol: Good one doc.

I'm thinking it would be best to avoid them for a little bit as well.

I really need to get the fly rod out to the pond but I've been super busy with work.