Kobe vs. Jordan

Who is better......Kobe or Jordan?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better......Kobe or Jordan?

Outside threat doesn't necessarily have to be 3 pointers. Kobe can get his jumper off and hit it pretty consistently anywhere from 28 feet in. But since you mentioned it....the other guy I think you are talking about has missed his last 16 3 pointers.

He's still a better career three-point shooter...no denying that.

Besides...I said he is the best outside threat who can also get his shot whenever he wants...just not the best outside shooting threat. That's why I was asking for clarification.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shaq was better than either. Not sure where this is coming from? Pippen wasn't much before 89 though which is my reasoning for saying Jordan had no help in the 80s.

He got help from Grant and Pippen in the 90's though(when he won his titles). All 3 were at the top of their game then and it was in the 90's not the 80's when Pippen made his mark as one of the 50 best ever.

He's still a better career three-point shooter...no denying that.

Besides...I said he is the best outside threat who can also get his shot whenever he wants...just not the best outside shooting threat. That's why I was asking for clarification.

True. I had to get the dig in at Ray Allen before he heats up again.:D

He got help from Grant and Pippen in the 90's though(when he won his titles). All 3 were at the top of their game then and it was in the 90's not the 80's when Pippen made his mark as one of the 50 best ever.

Who is disputing that? You said he didn't beat the Pistons, Celtics or Lakers early in his career. What teammate was suppose to help him with that? Kobe couldn't get out of the first round and even missed the playoffs with garbage support around him. At least Jordan went in and battled.

Clyde Drexler

Reggie Miller - I know it wasn't the Finals, but I think many would agree that whoever won that battle between the Pacers and Bulls that year was going to win it all.

People forget about how rough Miller was for the Bulls in their last championship runs. A legit HOF'er when Kobe has went through none at his position to win, unless you want to count AI who wasn't guarded by Kobe and didn't guard him either. He played Miller for the first one, but Miller was starting to get on his last legs.

Kobe averaged less turnovers per game than MJ in the regular season and playoffs. I'd give him the ball handler and passing nod.

Why is no one addressing the fact that MJ never beat the giants of the game when they were in their prime? He also lost that game when he scored 63 points. Bird and Isaiah had no problems beating MJ in the 80's when he was putting up 37,8 and 8. In the 90's MJ dominated against weaker competition than Kobe.

Does the 1991 championship not count? The Bulls beat Magic Johnson, who I would consider "a giant of the game". Magic averaged 19.4 points, 12.5 assists and 7.0 rebounds that season compared to his career averages of 19.5 points, 11.2 assists and 7.2 rebounds. They also had James Worthy.

They also dethroned the 2-time defending champion Pistons in the playoffs that season that featured Isiah Thomas. The 1992 Championship was won over a Trailblazer team that featured Clyde Drexler. The 1993 championship came against a Phoenix team with Charles Barley. Johnson, Worthy, Thomas, Drexler and Barkley were all named to the NBA's top 50 team. Who did he dodge during his career?

I'm going to throw this one out there too, which probably doesn't add much to the arguement, but why not...

I feel as though Jordan played during a time when teams and athletes actually played hard the majority of the 82 game season. I don't know if you can say the same during Kobe's time.

I'm going to throw this one out there too, which probably doesn't add much to the arguement, but why not...

I feel as though Jordan played during a time when teams and athletes actually played hard the majority of the 82 game season. I don't know if you can say the same during Kobe's time.

Let's face it from 1999 through about 2006 it was the worst era of basketball in modern NBA history. Kobe won 3 of his championships then. I think the Lakers had great teams then but the competition level was not great.

50 greatest players argument.

Both Jordan and Kobe played with 2 (Pippen, Shaq) in their prime, (Parrish, Malone) not in their prime.

By my count Jordan played against 15 of the 50 while they were still playing a very high levels.

The Bulls also beat 5 of the 50 in the Finals.

No comparison.

I know the Kobe fans on here won't like it but his legacy will take a hit if they don't win this series IMO.

-He will have lost 3 Finals series in 7 attempts. Jordan won 6 of 6.

-He will have played in 7 Finals and will have only taken the MVP home once.

-His one Finals Title as the lead man will have come in a year when their "Achilles Heel" Boston wasn't at full strength.

Of course he will still have time to add another title or two to his resume, but he's not getting any younger. Of course, if the Lakers come back (and there is a good chance they will) this is null and void. Thoughts?

Jordan is the greatest of all time.

I'm not a huge Kobe fan but he's the closest too him since MJ left. Kobe has a better shot even though MJ could shoot. Jordan is a better finisher even though Kobe can finish. MJ was a better defender. I think people forget this part of his game. He was on the all defensive team a lot. He is one of the greatest marketers of all time in any business. I think the one thing that sets him apart from everybody is his competitiveness. While Kobe is competitive Jordan and Tiger have something you can almost feel that they know they are going to beat you when it's all said and done. Jordan smelled blood and put you away. You knew if the game was close he was going to win it sick or not. His drive to be the best he could be is unmatched.

If none of that works for you he can fly and Kobe can't lol.