Kobe vs. Jordan

Who is better......Kobe or Jordan?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better......Kobe or Jordan?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kobe averaged less turnovers per game than MJ in the regular season and playoffs. I'd give him the ball handler and passing nod.

Why is no one addressing the fact that MJ never beat the giants of the game when they were in their prime? He also lost that game when he scored 63 points. Bird and Isaiah had no problems beating MJ in the 80's when he was putting up 37,8 and 8. In the 90's MJ dominated against weaker competition than Kobe.

Why is no one addressing the fact that MJ never beat the giants of the game when they were in their prime? He also lost that game when he scored 63 points. Bird and Isaiah had no problems beating MJ in the 80's when he was putting up 37,8 and 8. MJ dominated against weaker competition than Kobe.

Seriously...that's your new arguement as to why Kobe is better?

Kobe averaged less turnovers per game than MJ in the regular season and playoffs. I'd give him the ball handler and passing nod.

Why is no one addressing the fact that MJ never beat the giants of the game when they were in their prime? He also lost that game when he scored 63 points. Bird and Isaiah had no problems beating MJ in the 80's when he was putting up 37,8 and 8. MJ dominated against weaker competition than Kobe.

At which point in time did Jordan have a better team than the Lakers, Celtics or Pistons in the 80s? Showtime had Magic, Kareem, and Worthy among a horde of other really good guys, the Celtics had Bird, McHale, Parrish, DJ, and Walton for a span of time. The Pistons had Isiah and Dumars, along with great role guys. It takes more than 1 person to win a series, but I'm not shocked a Kobe fan would fail to mention that PP :D Pippen really didn't come into his own until his 3rd year in the league in 89-90. I guess Jordan was suppose to win a championship when his wing man was averaging 8 points per game?

Also which giant of the game did Kobe beat? Duncan maybe? The Nets, Pacers, 76ers or last years Magic team are great teams. Jordan beat Johnson's Lakers, Drexler's Blazers, Barkley's Suns, the Sonics when Payton and Kemp were one of the best duos in the league, and the Jazz when Stockton and Malone were on the top of their game. The Jazz teams Jordan played were better than any team Kobe has beat in the Finals by a long shot.

Kobe is a very talented ball player and I will certainly never take that away from him, but even watching this game tonight or the whole series for that matter. I just don't feel like Kobe can take over a game like MJ, or more importantly take over the fourth quarter like MJ could.

Of coarse that's just a matter of opinion, but I feel like many would agree.

I am amazed all the Jordan supporters are blowing off Scottie Pippen like he was nothing. They all keep talking about Kobe's supporting players when Jordan didn't win till he had Pippen on the floor with him. Pippen is recognized as one of the top 50 players of all time. Not to mention one of the greatest rebounders in NBA history in Dennis Rodman being there for the last three titles. As for the quality of teammates, Jordan's is as good if not better than Kobe's.

I am amazed all the Jordan supporters are blowing off Scottie Pippen like he was nothing. They all keep talking about Kobe's supporting players when Jordan didn't win till he had Pippen on the floor with him. Pippen is recognized as one of the top 50 players of all time. Not to mention one of the greatest rebounders in NBA history in Dennis Rodman being there for the last three titles. As for the quality of teammates, Jordan's is as good if not better than Kobe's.

Shaq was better than either. Not sure where this is coming from? Pippen wasn't much before 89 though which is my reasoning for saying Jordan had no help in the 80s.

Seriously...that's your new arguement as to why Kobe is better?

New? No. I asked this in the NBA Finals thread. It was also brought up in earlier posts in this thread that I posted from facebook. Who were other shooting guards that played during the 90's that are on Kobe and Dwade's level?

New? No. I asked this in the NBA Finals thread. It was also brought up in earlier posts in this thread that I posted from facebook. Who were other shooting guards that played during the 90's that are on Kobe and Dwade's level?

Two potential top 20-30 players of all-time? Those don't come around too often. How many times has Kobe laced them up with DWade in the Finals?

Really? I will say that he is the best outside thread who can also get his shot whenever he wants but best outside shooting threat? There are so many players who shoot better from outside than Kobe, including someone he's playing against in these Finals.

Outside threat doesn't necessarily have to be 3 pointers. Kobe can get his jumper off and hit it pretty consistently anywhere from 28 feet in. But since you mentioned it....the other guy I think you are talking about has missed his last 16 3 pointers.