Kobe vs. Jordan

Who is better......Kobe or Jordan?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better......Kobe or Jordan?

Yes, that is what we are saying. MJ can't do things physically that LeBron or Durant can do. They are bigger and taller. Kobe patterned 90% of his game(his words) after MJ.

Notice I put 1985-2003. Kids nowadays want to be Kobe, LeBron or DWade. Even Carmelo, DRose and Rondo(my son).:isurrender:

Dwight Howard? Good athlete, superior defender, one dimensional on offense. Not a fan but to each his own. Kobe dunked on him. :ylsuper::D

Pessimistic, naw. I WANT someone to pass MJ(please, for the love of God):D. If Kobe can't do it, LeBron is next in line, IMO.:thumb:

I'm just saying no one thought someone would be better than Wilt or Russell. Then it was Magic and Bird. Now it's Jordan. Kobe is the closest we'll ever see to Jordan.... And on and on it goes. I truly believe there is going to be a perfect storm of a player that is going to change basketball again.

I don't see it being anyone in the league now though. LeBron is too focused off the court. There is just something about Durant's game that I can't put my finger on, but I think he's going to end up being closer to TMac or Melo than Kobe, MJ or even LeBron. PG's are PG's, but until someone has the athleticism of Rondo mixed with the shooting of Nash or DWill, it's not going to have a dramatic impact on the game to the level of the all-time greats like the way Russell or Magic changed the game IMO.

I think in all reality if you could mix Kobe's offensive arsenal, knowledge, mentality and mindset and LeBron's natural playmaking ability, instincts, athleticism, size and strength you'd have a player superior to MJ. I hope and think that some player will eventually be able to do that, as LeBron has all the physical tools needed to challenge MJ for the top spot, but he lacks the savvy, smarts and knowledge that Kobe has to be able to do it. JMO, but even though MJ sets the bar pretty high as far as basketball goes I think its going to be sad if no one can surpass him at anytime in at least the next 50 to 100 years.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CatsCatsCats. I hope you're right. The thing is Jordan and Kobe and for that matter all of the all time greats the top 10 or so all timers have legendary work ethic. Kobe was the first one in the weight room every day when they won the Olympic gold a couple years ago. He not only wanted to be the best of his era, but he wanted to top Jordan too. It was his singular focus. He has more money than he will ever need but his drive was that of bettering MJ. I think LBJ has the best chance. He is somewhat like Jordan. When Jordan was in the league 6'6" shooting guards weren't the norm. LBJ isn't normal. So far he has shown more of a desire to be a global icon and Billionaire than he has a desire to pass MJ. There is nothing wrong w/ wanting to be a billionaire and global icon. I just think your singular focus has to be winning to reach Jordan's status

I didn't say Kobe is the closest we'll ever see. I said he may be. And, my statement was a combination of his ability and the fact that his game is a virtual mirror image of Jordan's.

It's possible someone will come along and be better than MJ, but I'll be surprised if his style is as similar to Jordan's as Kobe's is.

Lebron has the potential. But, even if he does, watching him play doesn't conjure up images of Jordan. Kobe does.

• 6 years later...