Kobe vs. Jordan

Who is better......Kobe or Jordan?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better......Kobe or Jordan?

If it were "close" as you think it is, I would think your poll would be a little less lopsided...:sssh:

I expected this much from the poll but I wanted to see if anyone else might have shared my thoughts. Only people in Los Angeles and a few of us die hard Kobe fans sprinkled throughout America dare to believe that Kobe might actually be better than the God of Basketball Michael Jeffrey Jordan. Plus, the poll said who is better, not who thinks the gap is close. I can handle 94.29% saying MJ is better, it just baffles me that people don't think they are that close.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expected this much from the poll but I wanted to see if anyone else might have shared my thoughts. Only people in Los Angeles and a few of us die hard Kobe fans sprinkled throughout America dare to believe that Kobe might actually be better than the God of Basketball Michael Jeffrey Jordan. Plus, the poll said who is better, not who thinks the gap is close. I can handle 94.29% saying MJ is better, it just baffles me that people don't think they are that close.

I guess it is a little closer than I make it out to be, but had Jordan not had his little baseball experiment he might have 8 titles. No doubt that Kobe is one of the best of all time. Just not better than MJ.

I guess it is a little closer than I make it out to be, but had Jordan not had his little baseball experiment he might have 8 titles. No doubt that Kobe is one of the best of all time. Just not better than MJ.

I definitely believes he has 8 titles had he not left for baseball....or the gambling suspension....whatever you want to call it.:D:sssh:

FWIW, there is no proof he had a gambling suspension. I am a Bill Simmons fan and he swears MJ was secretly suspended for gambling those 2 years. I can see this being possible and I know I am not the only person in this thread who believes this to be true also.

Kobe may end up being better than Jordan, he certainly has a chance.

However, I have a hard time calling someone the greatest of all time while he is still playing.

Truth be told, I'd take Magic before both and Kobe before MJ. IMO, MJ is not the GOAT. I'm starting my squad with Magic.

It's close and people are lying to themselves if they say other wise.

I definitely believes he has 8 titles had he not left for baseball....or the gambling suspension....whatever you want to call it.:D:sssh:

FWIW, there is no proof he had a gambling suspension. I am a Bill Simmons fan and he swears MJ was secretly suspended for gambling those 2 years. I can see this being possible and I know I am not the only person in this thread who believes this to be true also.

I stated in an earlier post that Jordan was suspended for gambling and I'll believe that until the day I die. Stern was not going to let that out, it would have KILLED the NBA at that point. Jordan was/is a jerk as well as a certain adulterer and constant gambler -- those things can't be denied. I think the "GOAT" argument in any sport is virtually impossible to answer. I think Magic, Jordan, and Bird are the best i've had the luxury of watching. I think Kobe is next in line. I think the gap between Kobe and the top 3 is closer than the gap between Kobe and anyone else playing right now -- LeBron included.

It is close, but the thing that sticks out to me is that Kobe wants to be Jordan so bad he cannot stand it. The way he dresses, on and off the court. The way he keeps his hair now as opposed to his earlier days (much like Jordan). The way he plays, the way he expresses his body language, the things he says. Its like everything he does he tries to do it like MJ.

So to me, as good as Kobe is I have to go with Mike because it seems like Kobe is imitating him. If he was unique and had a style all of his own, then maybe in a couple of years he would have an argument, but to me he acts way too much like Jordan to ever be better than him.

I stated in an earlier post that Jordan was suspended for gambling and I'll believe that until the day I die. Stern was not going to let that out, it would have KILLED the NBA at that point. Jordan was/is a jerk as well as a certain adulterer and constant gambler -- those things can't be denied. .

I'm with you on that. Why else would the best player in the league retire to play baseball? I mean come on. Also there was some real fishy circumstances surrounding the death of his father, many have speculated there was a hit placed on him for one of Jordans gambling debts or for making the wrong person mad.

It is close, but the thing that sticks out to me is that Kobe wants to be Jordan so bad he cannot stand it. The way he dresses, on and off the court. The way he keeps his hair now as opposed to his earlier days (much like Jordan). The way he plays, the way he expresses his body language, the things he says. Its like everything he does he tries to do it like MJ.

So to me, as good as Kobe is I have to go with Mike because it seems like Kobe is imitating him. If he was unique and had a style all of his own, then maybe in a couple of years he would have an argument, but to me he acts way too much like Jordan to ever be better than him.

To further my point, I put these together in case you guys could not get a visual in your head....

kobeandmike.jpg

mikeandkobe2.jpg

I mean seriously, who else tucks in their warmups? If Kobe doesn't try to do everything exactly like MJ did, then I know nothing about basketball.

It's close and people are lying to themselves if they say other wise.

Funny the only two people who have stated that on here are Kobe's biggest fans on this board :lol:. I could care less about who is better but Jordan is so high above everyone else that has ever played basketball it's not even funny IMO.

Kobe hasn't even caught Magic or Russell yet so I don't know how it can be "close" between him and Jordan. Kobe fans are a riot.

To further my point, I put these together in case you guys could not get a visual in your head....

kobeandmike.jpg

mikeandkobe2.jpg

I mean seriously, who else tucks in their warmups? If Kobe doesn't try to do everything exactly like MJ did, then I know nothing about basketball.

That is really the reason I could not stand Kobe for much of his career. But, I don't really care anymore. It's rather pathetic and sad on his part, but it's not as annoying as it used to be to me.

Funny the only two people who have stated that on here are Kobe's biggest fans on this board :lol:. I could care less about who is better but Jordan is so high above everyone else that has ever played basketball it's not even funny IMO.

Kobe hasn't even caught Magic or Russell yet so I don't know how it can be "close" between him and Jordan. Kobe fans are a riot.

That is really the reason I could not stand Kobe for much of his career. But, I don't really care anymore. It's rather pathetic and sad on his part, but it's not as annoying as it used to be to me.

Coming from one of the biggest haters that doesn't mean much IMO. People just hold MJ to such a high level for whatever reason they are almost outraged for no reason when someone makes a comparison.