Kobe vs. Jordan

Who is better......Kobe or Jordan?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better......Kobe or Jordan?

PP or HT, the way I see it is this:

All of the greats probably did something better than Jordan. Magic was a better passer, Bird and Kobe are better shooters, Shaq was more dominant offensively, but it's the collection of all the little things that make Jordan so much better than anyone.

I don't know why everything is directed at me because I am a huge Kobe fan. I already said multiple times I pick Jordan for many reasons.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why everything is directed at me because I am a huge Kobe fan. I already said multiple times I pick Jordan for many reasons.

You said my points weren't valid because I'm a Kobe hater :lol:. And I just like giving you guys a hard time :thumb:.

I keep scanning my post over and over to see where I said he had to win the same amount of rings as Jordan, but can't seem to find it....Can you point that out to me? Oh, what's that, you're trying to put words in my mouth to benefit your arguement, gotcha.

You never until now said anything about 1 on 1. Heck if we're playing 1 on 1, I'd take Durant or LeBron over Kobe, and I don't think it'd be close. The sport of basketball is a team game, you're smart enough to realize that. When we're judging a player's greatness, it's in that aspect, not some 1 on 1 fantasy garbage. Jordan is the greatest to ever play the game. He could handle better, he could pass better, he was a better teammate, he was more explosive, he could jump higher, he was a better defender, etc., etc., etc. The one thing I think Kobe is better than Jordan at is shooting. Everything else, I'd give Jordan an edge.

Wrong again. You stated "could he get there, maybe, but as of now it's not close".

If it isn't the rings that will get him there, then what exactly will get him there?

Or he could be using the "in my lifetime" theory..............just sayin......

That only applies when talking about who is better now...Duke or UK. I witnessed MJ and Kobe "in my lifetime" just like I witnessed Duke and UK in my lifetime and I'd take Duke and Kobe over MJ and UK.

Just saying.....

Edited by PurplePride92

I have seen Kobe and MJ do alot of the same things throughout both of their careers. The only glaring difference, IMO, is the MJ has more rings. I have seen both shoot over and around double and triple teams, I have seen both win dunk contests, I have seen both get triple doubles, I have seen both lead their teams to titles, I have seen both never win a title until Phil Jackson came along or came back, I have seen both go on hot streaks and hit unbelievable jumpers with the shot clock winding down, I have seen both dunk on HOF big men multiple times, I have seen both be the best player in the NBA, in the world for that matter, and still get screwed out of the MVP. MJ did all of this before Kobe and I think that plays a large part in people's judgment. Kobe's game resembles MJ's more than anyone else's. Doesn't mean the student can't be better than the teacher. I just wonder if Kobe had a little more on the court and off the court charisma how he would be viewed. The entire planet loved and still loves Mike. Kobe isn't loved outside of LA. He got booed in his hometown and that was before Eagle, Colorado. Fact of the matter is this, MJ may be better than Kobe. We'll never know and this is all opinion. More athletic? Why, because he was an awful minor league player? You can't prove he was a better athlete than Kobe. Eye test? They are separated by less than 10 pounds. Better defender? Who did he have to guard? Rex Chapman? Dan Majerle? Reggie Miller? John Starks? Who was guarding him? Seriously? Who was guarding MJ? A bunch of guys smaller than him, that's who. Again, MJ may be better than Kobe but I am taking Kobe. Every day all day and if Kobe gets beat, it won't be by much. Even in MJ's prime he never had to guard a dude like Kobe Bryant so none of us, including myself, know for sure and can say they certainly know that MJ would have his way with Kobe. I don't care how much better of a defender he is. He never guarded ANYBODY like Kobe Bryant and I'd happily take my chances with Kobe against MJ. That's all I am trying to say.

Wrong again. You stated "could he get there, maybe, but as of now it's not close".

If it isn't the rings that will get him there, then what exactly will get him there?

Honestly? I dont' think there is anything that can get him there. I don't see Kobe continually get better from this point, I think he's maxed out.

You are entitled to your opinion...however I think that this poll pretty muchs sums up the fact that not many (actually none since Voice of Reason has changed his vote) think Kobe is better than MJ.

Your arrogance and biased towards Kobe honestly makes guys like me want to see the Celtics beat him.

You are entitled to your opinion...however I think that this poll pretty muchs sums up the fact that not many (actually none since Voice of Reason has changed his vote) think Kobe is better than MJ.

Your arrogance and biased towards Kobe honestly makes guys like me want to see the Celtics beat him.

Arrogance? For trying to present a case for Kobe being almost as good as Jordan? Arrogance? Seriously? Wow. That was unexpected but whatever. Sorry for trying to present a case for my favorite player and trying to see if anyone thought it might be close. 48-1 and I am the arrogant one.:lol: I knowingly started a thread knowing the result from post number 1 and put up a poll for further ridicule and I am arrogant? Tough crowd.

I apologize if anyone saw the UK insult I just took out. It was uncalled for and I apologize. Got a little emotional. Sorry.

Edited by PurplePride92
I was being stupid.

I have seen Kobe and MJ do alot of the same things throughout both of their careers. The only glaring difference, IMO, is the MJ has more rings. I have seen both shoot over and around double and triple teams, I have seen both win dunk contests, I have seen both get triple doubles, I have seen both lead their teams to titles, I have seen both never win a title until Phil Jackson came along or came back, I have seen both go on hot streaks and hit unbelievable jumpers with the shot clock winding down, I have seen both dunk on HOF big men multiple times, I have seen both be the best player in the NBA, in the world for that matter, and still get screwed out of the MVP. MJ did all of this before Kobe and I think that plays a large part in people's judgment. Kobe's game resembles MJ's more than anyone else's. Doesn't mean the student can't be better than the teacher. I just wonder if Kobe had a little more on the court and off the court charisma how he would be viewed. The entire planet loved and still loves Mike. Kobe isn't loved outside of LA. He got booed in his hometown and that was before Eagle, Colorado. Fact of the matter is this, MJ may be better than Kobe. We'll never know and this is all opinion. More athletic? Why, because he was an awful minor league player? You can't prove he was a better athlete than Kobe. Eye test? They are separated by less than 10 pounds. Better defender? Who did he have to guard? Rex Chapman? Dan Majerle? Reggie Miller? John Starks? Who was guarding him? Seriously? Who was guarding MJ? A bunch of guys smaller than him, that's who. Again, MJ may be better than Kobe but I am taking Kobe. Every day all day and if Kobe gets beat, it won't be by much. Even in MJ's prime he never had to guard a dude like Kobe Bryant so none of us, including myself, know for sure and can say they certainly know that MJ would have his way with Kobe. I don't care how much better of a defender he is. He never guarded ANYBODY like Kobe Bryant and I'd happily take my chances with Kobe against MJ. That's all I am trying to say.

I don't think it can even be argued about who was the better athlete. Young Jordan shot jumpers in a way that no one else could, in fact it's how he got his nickname "air" I believe. He just hung in the air for seconds. I think LeBron James is the best athlete I've seen that didn't participate in track and field (I'm young though), and he could even do some of the things Jordan did because of his athleticism.

As for Jordan never defending anyone like Kobe, who has Kobe ever guard that remotely comes close to Jordan? Dwade? I don't see it. He doesn't really guard LeBron, but LBJ has no where near the savvy Jordan and assortment of moves had. Let's not even start with VC or TMac.

Arrogance? For trying to present a case for Kobe being almost as good as Jordan? Arrogance? Seriously? Wow. That was unexpected but whatever. Sorry for trying to present a case for my favorite player and trying to see if anyone thought it might be close. 48-1 and I am the arrogant one.:lol:

As for you rooting for the Celtics...now you know how I feel about UK. Especially on the arrogance and bias part.

It's the arrogance that after numerous posts by numerous members, the poll is completely lopsided, the statistics show the separation...its simply. I say arrogance, cause I don't want to say something else lol. At what point do you give up and concede that no one else feels the same and that you're probably wrong.