At the risk of giving Jim Shue a brain aneurysm

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, most Kentuckians would vote Ed Davender for governor .... provided he could hook them up with some season tickets. And I'm not even kidding.

Or they we could just continue to elect the "qualified" idiots that we have for years. That's worked well to this point.

Sadly, most Kentuckians would vote Ed Davender for governor .... provided he could hook them up with some season tickets. And I'm not even kidding.

No way Ed could win. He stiffed too many UK fans on tickets. You can mess with their medicaid, but don't stiff them on tickets to see the Cats!!! :D

As far as Richie Farmer for governer, I would like to hear his ideas on what he would do if elected. It is ashame that he is within 7 points of a sitting governor and has not even said he would run, and has given no ideas for a platform. That indicates that he hit the 37% in the polls on his name alone. I agree with Jim that this is a shame. I could care less what sport he played, if any, I would never endorse a candidate if I had no idea what they would plan to do.

No way Ed could win. He stiffed too many UK fans on tickets. You can mess with their medicaid, but don't stiff them on tickets to see the Cats!!! :D

As far as Richie Farmer for governer, I would like to hear his ideas on what he would do if elected. It is ashame that he is within 7 points of a sitting governor and has not even said he would run, and has given no ideas for a platform. That indicates that he hit the 37% in the polls on his name alone. I agree with Jim that this is a shame. I could care less what sport he played, if any, I would never endorse a candidate if I had no idea what they would plan to do.

I agree on all counts. With that said, let us not pretend most of the electorate is well informed on who they are voting for or what someone actually stands for.

If you are going to play the, "I can't believe people would vote for Farmer just because he used to play at Kentucky" game, please provide us with his policies and ideas you have disagreed with during his political tenure other than, "the only thing he has ever done is played basketball at Kentucky."

I've spent more than my fair share of time in Clay County, and not just on the main roads. Don't act like it's some agricultural powerhouse.

I have no personal problem with Richie. From my conversations I've found him to be a pretty nice guy. That doesn't mean I want him to be governor. My problem lies with the electorate who feels like "former UK player" is all the qualifications needed for elected office.

It has plenty of agricultural power, we just can't get the great politicians of Kentucky to make it legal for medical purposes. :D

The way things have been going state wide and nationally my feeling is vote for the one with the less experience. Maybe he or she can get to Frankfort or Washington and do something different. Like reduce debt, balance the budget, create jobs. Support the people that voted them there. I would hope that there is somebody left out there that didn't always speak out both sides of there mouth. Maybe that is a prerequisite to be a politician.

Flag man on a road crew

Speaking of a flag man on a road crew, wasn't there an issue during Ernie Fletcher's disgrace with Mr. Farmer trying to get his brother in-law a cushy job with the transportation department???:irked:

Jim Schue is right on this thread.

Speaking of a flag man on a road crew, wasn't there an issue during Ernie Fletcher's disgrace with Mr. Farmer trying to get his brother in-law a cushy job with the transportation department???:irked:

Jim Schue is right on this thread.

And I'm sure Richie was the first, and will be the last to ever get an in-law a cushy job. WOW! What a grasp you've made. I can't think of more than two times that Jim Schue was right.:D