At the risk of giving Jim Shue a brain aneurysm

Speaking of a flag man on a road crew, wasn't there an issue during Ernie Fletcher's disgrace with Mr. Farmer trying to get his brother in-law a cushy job with the transportation department???:irked:

Jim Schue is right on this thread.

I'm sure Beshear never did that.

The polls say as much about the confidence in Beshear as they do about KY voters and UK basketball players.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'm sure Richie was the first, and will be the last to ever get an in-law a cushy job. WOW! What a grasp you've made. I can't think of more than two times that Jim Schue was right.:D

Unfortunately, he's not, and won't be. However, he is who this thread is about, so curb your enthusiasm...:D

No farming at all here on the mountainsides of Clay County Jim. No tobacco, no corn, no hogs, no cattle, no agriculture at all, nothing but us hillbillies perched on the mountainsides drinking moonshine. Ignorance is another reason this state is so backward and corrupt.

My In-laws are all from and still live in Clay County and there seems to be plenty of farming going on there, just not the legal kind. Thankfully none of my in-laws are involved but to hear them talk Clay County is full of drugs, much like the rest of Eastern Kentucky.

But more on subject Richie Farmer hasn't stated really any views publicly so until I hear him talk about some politics I would have a hard time calling him qualified to be Governor. I mean for all any of us know he may open up his mouth and sound like the dumbest politician of all time.

I'm sure Beshear never did that.

The polls say as much about the confidence in Beshear as they do about KY voters and UK basketball players.

He may have, but the subject of this thread is Richie Farmer, not Steve Beshear.

Unfortunately, he's not, and won't be. However, he is who this thread is about, so curb your enthusiasm...:D

I must apologize. I wasn't aware the Richie was the only name we could mention in this particular thread. You would make a good moderator. Rolling my eyes.

My In-laws are all from and still live in Clay County and there seems to be plenty of farming going on there, just not the legal kind. Thankfully none of my in-laws are involved but to hear them talk Clay County is full of drugs, much like the rest of Eastern Kentucky.

But more on subject Richie Farmer hasn't stated really any views publicly so until I hear him talk about some politics I would have a hard time calling him qualified to be Governor. I mean for all any of us know he may open up his mouth and sound like the dumbest politician of all time.

Thanks for your in-law's description of Clay County. Why haven't they left that God forsaken place? Send Me a PM and I'll give you my address. I invite you and your family to my home for a few days. We will travel the county and I'll introduce you to a hundred or so friends of mine. We'll attend a couple of churches, go to the ballpark or whatever you want to do...Then you will have a feel of what Clay County is.

What are the "qualifications", other than getting the most votes, to be governor of Kentucky? Seems to me that sounding like the dumbest politician of all time when opening ones mouth is a prerequisite.

No way Ed could win. He stiffed too many UK fans on tickets. You can mess with their medicaid, but don't stiff them on tickets to see the Cats!!! :D

As far as Richie Farmer for governer, I would like to hear his ideas on what he would do if elected. It is ashame that he is within 7 points of a sitting governor and has not even said he would run, and has given no ideas for a platform. That indicates that he hit the 37% in the polls on his name alone. I agree with Jim that this is a shame. I could care less what sport he played, if any, I would never endorse a candidate if I had no idea what they would plan to do.

Some of that pct. could be people against the current administration and also because of the current economic climate. Brashear seems to only have one answer for the state's problems..............gambling. Heck, there are several people on BGP I would pick in a poll for Governor over the current one. If you decide to run, you have my vote.:lol:

What are the "qualifications", other than getting the most votes, to be governor of Kentucky? Seems to me that sounding like the dumbest politician of all time when opening ones mouth is a prerequisite.

Unfortunately it is a prerequisite most of the time. Sadly. But I generally prefer to vote for people who have told me their views and understand the views they are advocating. That doesn't exist in many candidates any more, but it would be nice to see. All too often people today are blinded by something like oh he played basketball or oh he's republican/democrat, that they don't hear a word the candidates say.

Unfortunately it is a prerequisite most of the time. Sadly. But I generally prefer to vote for people who have told me their views and understand the views they are advocating. That doesn't exist in many candidates any more, but it would be nice to see. All too often people today are blinded by something like oh he played basketball or oh he's republican/democrat, that they don't hear a word the candidates say.

If Rich joins the race I'm sure you will hear his views. Until then, he is our Agg Commish.