Holy Cross Coaching Position

Not at Boone Bounty Clyde-at the KHSAA. If they can't legislate against this type of switching schools, then let's eliminate the transfer rule altogether. I know you like to play the devil's advocate, but this rule is a joke and you know it. If the Beal girl wants to go to Boone-I say fine, but if Moss wants to transfer to Ludlow, then I say fine. Too many times the debates on BGP and outside of these forums have to do with transfers, and I say eliminate rules regarding transfers, and then that discussion is off of the table.

If Crittendon transfers to Boone next year is that really a coincidence, or just a matter of the KHSAA not having the TEETH in their rules to prevent such a thing from happening? The truth is I am all for a kid going where they want to go for whatever reason. The bad blood starts because one kid is ruled eligible, one is not, and then lawyers get involved, and everyone says we are doing it for the kids.:puke: See other threads on here regarding Dunn in football, Mitchell in football, etc, and then to quote verse and paragraph out of the KHSAA handbook as we see many times on here as the justification is ridiculous. The KHSAA is a money making organization that is entrusted with the oversight of high school athletics in the commonwealth. Every state in the country has one, and in my opinion most are very weak, that are overruled when challenged by high powered and highly paid attorneys. Why do you like/defend them so much?

(p.s. many of my examples using players names are completely hypothetical, but my opinions are not.)

IF the KHSAA decides that they are going to have some sort of transfer rule other than "we don't care" then I'm not sure how else they can set it up. The residency change requirement seems adequate. Unfortunately, there are exceptions and maybe we don't know all of the details regarding the cases where the requirements did not seem to have been met yet they were ruled eligible. The young man from SK who went to HHS in 2003 comes to mind.

Its not a perfect system. Other than the "one free" I'm not sure what the other realistic alternatives are.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minor has stepped down as the head coach. I would believe the Beal Family, brother will join sister, will remain at Holy Cross.

According to the active 8th gradeTar Heels thread the Boy is headed to Beechwood.

Minor has stepped down as the head coach. I would believe the Beal Family, brother will join sister, will remain at Holy Cross.

A shame, because if the Indians had played their cards right, then perhaps they could have had Nicole Levandusky as the top boss, as she had helped Minor the year before at Holy Cross, and then headed to NDA.

Who are the replacement candidates?

Pardon my ignorance, but did the Beal girl play in any varsity games at Holy Cross? If she didn't, she can go to any school she wants next year and play sports.

Played varsity for the last 2 years.

Pardon my ignorance, but did the Beal girl play in any varsity games at Holy Cross? If she didn't, she can go to any school she wants next year and play sports.

Beal was a starter and the top scorer for HC.

I believe you are incorrect in your assumption. There is no caveat in the KHSAA guidelines that says "unless you're transferring to the school in the district of your residence."

You are correct on the rules, but if her family would plead financial hardship because they can't pay the tuition at HC anymore, then she could possibly be eligible to play next year at Boone.

Where is Shannon going, assuming he is still going to be coaching somewhere.

You are correct on the rules, but if her family would plead financial hardship because they can't pay the tuition at HC anymore, then she could possibly be eligible to play next year at Boone.

Please see my post #10 in this thread.

Now look I am not trying to offend this family if they are having financial trouble-so-but shouldn't the KHSAA look into this one if the girl transfers to Boone because of the financial trouble, but the boy pays tuition to go to Beechwood?

This might be the greatest of all for the defenders of the KHSAA to argue.

I will be waiting to hear their insightful replies.:popcorn:

A shame, because if the Indians had played their cards right, then perhaps they could have had Nicole Levandusky as the top boss, as she had helped Minor the year before at Holy Cross, and then headed to NDA.

Who are the replacement candidates?

I thought they offered Nicole the head job and she didn't think she had the time to be the head coach.

This will be interesting!

Where is Shannon going, assuming he is still going to be coaching somewhere.

At this point he will remain as a teacher. I would hope he has a chance to coach boys basketball somewhere in the near future.

At this point he will remain as a teacher. I would hope he has a chance to coach boys basketball somewhere in the near future.

If I remember correctly he didn't plan on being the head girls' coach at HC. He filled in when the previous coach left.