Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holy Cross Coaching Position

Featured Replies

Heard that Coach Minor is not coming back next year. Is there any truth to the rumor?

  • Replies 108
  • Views 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Beal going to Boone? Thats a rumor

First I've heard this.

There has been scuttlebutt about this being a possibility.

I would hate to see the threads on BGP's girls basketball if Beal goes to Boone. As far as the coaching question that would definately be a downer for an already struggling program. I was very impressed with the coach at HC this year.

As of today he is still the head coach.

I would hate to see the threads on BGP's girls basketball if Beal goes to Boone. As far as the coaching question that would definately be a downer for an already struggling program. I was very impressed with the coach at HC this year.

 

If that happens I truly want to see Leatherneck defend the KHSAA more heartily, because then I will be finished defending this group.

 

The madness has to stop somewhere, and as I have said before-just open up the enrollment and get all the cards on the table-then people can say you recruited and you did, and so what. The vagueness we have now isn't working and everyone knows it, but nobody is doing anything to fix it, as we still pretend that this is all for the youngsters. There are rules in effect that can be broken and everyone knows it. This really reminds me of the immigration situation in Arizona. Don't mean to hijack the thread.

As of today he is still the head coach.

 

I'd like to dial down my certainty a bit.

If that happens I truly want to see Leatherneck defend the KHSAA more heartily, because then I will be finished defending this group.

 

The madness has to stop somewhere, and as I have said before-just open up the enrollment and get all the cards on the table-then people can say you recruited and you did, and so what. The vagueness we have now isn't working and everyone knows it, but nobody is doing anything to fix it, as we still pretend that this is all for the youngsters. There are rules in effect that can be broken and everyone knows it. This really reminds me of the immigration situation in Arizona. Don't mean to hijack the thread.

 

Fully realizing we're playing hypotheticals here but if the young lady's family moves to Florence why would we need the KHSAA involved? You're throwing out a serious allegation against Boone Co High.

Fully realizing we're playing hypotheticals here but if the young lady's family moves to Florence why would we need the KHSAA involved? You're throwing out a serious allegation against Boone Co High.

 

Not at Boone Bounty Clyde-at the KHSAA. If they can't legislate against this type of switching schools, then let's eliminate the transfer rule altogether. I know you like to play the devil's advocate, but this rule is a joke and you know it. If the Beal girl wants to go to Boone-I say fine, but if Moss wants to transfer to Ludlow, then I say fine. Too many times the debates on BGP and outside of these forums have to do with transfers, and I say eliminate rules regarding transfers, and then that discussion is off of the table.

 

If Crittendon transfers to Boone next year is that really a coincidence, or just a matter of the KHSAA not having the TEETH in their rules to prevent such a thing from happening? The truth is I am all for a kid going where they want to go for whatever reason. The bad blood starts because one kid is ruled eligible, one is not, and then lawyers get involved, and everyone says we are doing it for the kids.:puke: See other threads on here regarding Dunn in football, Mitchell in football, etc, and then to quote verse and paragraph out of the KHSAA handbook as we see many times on here as the justification is ridiculous. The KHSAA is a money making organization that is entrusted with the oversight of high school athletics in the commonwealth. Every state in the country has one, and in my opinion most are very weak, that are overruled when challenged by high powered and highly paid attorneys. Why do you like/defend them so much?

 

(p.s. many of my examples using players names are completely hypothetical, but my opinions are not.)

Not at Boone Bounty Clyde-at the KHSAA. If they can't legislate against this type of switching schools, then let's eliminate the transfer rule altogether. I know you like to play the devil's advocate, but this rule is a joke and you know it. If the Beal girl wants to go to Boone-I say fine, but if Moss wants to transfer to Ludlow, then I say fine. Too many times the debates on BGP and outside of these forums have to do with transfers, and I say eliminate rules regarding transfers, and then that discussion is off of the table.

 

If Crittendon transfers to Boone next year is that really a coincidence, or just a matter of the KHSAA not having the TEETH in their rules to prevent such a thing from happening? The truth is I am all for a kid going where they want to go for whatever reason. The bad blood starts because one kid is ruled eligible, one is not, and then lawyers get involved, and everyone says we are doing it for the kids.:puke: See other threads on here regarding Dunn in football, Mitchell in football, etc, and then to quote verse and paragraph out of the KHSAA handbook as we see many times on here as the justification is ridiculous. The KHSAA is a money making organization that is entrusted with the oversight of high school athletics in the commonwealth. Every state in the country has one, and in my opinion most are very weak, that are overruled when challenged by high powered and highly paid attorneys. Why do you like/defend them so much?

 

(p.s. many of my examples using players names are completely hypothetical, but my opinions are not.)

 

Just adopt the Ohio HS rule and not allow middle schoolers to play sports for the HS. Force them to go thru the feeder systems and if they decide to transfer/play at another high school then the HS coach/program has a lot less invested in that player.

 

I agree that the enforcement of KHSAA rules regarding transfers is a joke. Never seems to be applied evenly and certain schools seem to be able to benefit more than others in these situations.

Its parents they want their kids to play for better coaches and win titles. Its not coaches and kids.

I'd like to dial down my certainty a bit.

 

Probably a good idea.

 

Also my guess is Beal stays at HC.

For those who aren't close to the Beal family, I'm pretty sure they already live in Florence and both Deasia and Jaylen pay tuition to attend Holy Cross.

 

IF she were to leave and go to Boone, there would be no reason for the KHSAA to get involved since their family already lives in that area.

 

I may be wrong though, so somebody confirm it if I am.

For those who aren't close to the Beal family, I'm pretty sure they already live in Florence and both Deasia and Jaylen pay tuition to attend Holy Cross.

 

IF she were to leave and go to Boone, there would be no reason for the KHSAA to get involved since their family already lives in that area.

 

I may be wrong though, so somebody confirm it if I am.

 

I believe you are incorrect in your assumption. There is no caveat in the KHSAA guidelines that says "unless you're transferring to the school in the district of your residence."

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.