Holy Cross Coaching Position

I anyone would care to remember, I called this exact shot right at the girl's state tournament. I predicted Beal as a lock at Boone. What an easy call. What a joke.

I agree with you, please see my post #25, and notice the usual defenders of the KHSAA haven't responded with any answers. The girl transfers supposedly because of financial difficulty, but the boy pays to go to Beechwood? HYPOCRITICAL

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please see my post #10 in this thread.

Now look I am not trying to offend this family if they are having financial trouble-so-but shouldn't the KHSAA look into this one if the girl transfers to Boone because of the financial trouble, but the boy pays tuition to go to Beechwood?

This might be the greatest of all for the defenders of the KHSAA to argue.

I will be waiting to hear their insightful replies.:popcorn:

They can only afford to pay tuition for one? :lol:

On the serious side, this is all speculation, right? No one knows for sure the young lady is leaving Holy Cross, right? Has anyone truly heard anything or are we having all this discussion because someone says "there is a rumor ... ". I think we are getting way ahead of ourselves. If she officially attempts to leave Holy Cross, then it is time for this discussion.

Aren't you jumping the gun?

I have not been the one to suggest this in the thread if you go back and look, but am familiar with the family and the situation.

Others here hide with questions and vagueness......come back when the girl goes to Boone and the boy continues to go to Beechwood, and then I am going to call YOU out on it. I want you to be one of the ones to defend the KHSAA. All the pieces are in place. She has played at the varsity level at Holy Cross-no change in residence. The boy goes to Beechwood currently. I will be waiting.

I have not been the one to suggest this in the thread if you go back and look, but am familiar with the family and the situation.

Others here hide with questions and vagueness......come back when the girl goes to Boone and the boy continues to go to Beechwood, and then I am going to call YOU out on it. I want you to be one of the ones to defend the KHSAA. All the pieces are in place. She has played at the varsity level at Holy Cross-no change in residence. The boy goes to Beechwood currently. I will be waiting.

You do have my curiousity piqued as to why I would be the one called out.

You do have my curiousity piqued as to why I would be the one called out.

I believe you are one-amongst others-that tend to defend the KHSAA no matter what they do.

This case as I have stated before will be black and white and I can't wait to hear what new excuse will be used to allow this one. As I have said before, and will continue to call for, is why not allow kids to go to whatever school they want? This will allow the KHSAA not to be the arbiter when the questioning of transfers comes about, and they can go back to making cash for the organization and make certain refs, and umpires are properly knowledgeable about the rules of the game.

I believe you are one-amongst others-that tend to defend the KHSAA no matter what they do.

This case as I have stated before will be black and white and I can't wait to hear what new excuse will be used to allow this one. As I have said before, and will continue to call for, is why not allow kids to go to whatever school they want? This will allow the KHSAA not to be the arbiter when the questioning of transfers comes about, and they can go back to making cash for the organization and make certain refs, and umpires are properly knowledgeable about the rules of the game.

How are you so sure she's going to Boone?

How are you so sure she's going to Boone?

Lives in the district. Opportunity to be seen at the state level due to the interest in Moss. Wants to play in college. All legitimate reasons.

I'm a by-the-book guy for the most part. If you have a rule, enforce it consistently. However, I do realize there are a limited number of cases where circumstances are such that the usual requirements for eligibility are bypassed. They're rare cases but I do not believe it can be cut and dry.

I was told by a member of the state board of control that the big transfer last year would not have been allowed by the board but Ms. Devries ok'd the case. It was not appealed, which would have sent it to the board of control and he said emphatically, they would not have ok'ed it. He was not very happy with the decision. I'm just repeating the facts I got. She will end up at Boone, why do you think Minor is leaving. Again, what a joke.

I was told by a member of the state board of control that the big transfer last year would not have been allowed by the board but Ms. Devries ok'd the case. It was not appealed, which would have sent it to the board of control and he said emphatically, they would not have ok'ed it. He was not very happy with the decision. I'm just repeating the facts I got. She will end up at Boone, why do you think Minor is leaving. Again, what a joke.

You tend to do that quite a bit.

Someone said "I heard she was transferring"...and asked "is this a rumor?"...good golly!

Looking back, I don't recall saying "I heard she was transferring" or anything about rumors. I simply made a prediction. If I'm wrong, so be it. I wasn't repeating rumors or dealing in speculation. I actually sat down with the person at the state tournament and talked about last year, not Beal. How many of you have actually tried that approach. He was just concerned about setting a precedent that would cause problems in the future.

On a more technical note. I am seriously asking this question. What is the rule? Hypothetically, can a player at a private school, with varsity experience, transfer to the public school, where he or she lives in that district, without penalty? If so, couldn't the player theoretically decide to transfer again to another private school without changing residences? In this case, a player could play for several schools without sitting out or moving.

So now you're sure that she's going to Boone and the reason Minor is stepping down is b/c of this transfer?

Looking back, I don't recall saying "I heard she was transferring" or anything about rumors. I simply made a prediction. If I'm wrong, so be it. I wasn't repeating rumors or dealing in speculation. I actually sat down with the person at the state tournament and talked about last year, not Beal. How many of you have actually tried that approach. He was just concerned about setting a precedent that would cause problems in the future.

On a more technical note. I am seriously asking this question. What is the rule? Hypothetically, can a player at a private school, with varsity experience, transfer to the public school, where he or she lives in that district, without penalty? If so, couldn't the player theoretically decide to transfer again to another private school without changing residences? In this case, a player could play for several schools without sitting out or moving.

No, under the facts laid out in this thread, she can't transfer without sitting out one year. Public versus private is not a factor. The key factor is playing varsity. Once you play varsity in any sport, you are automatically ineligible for one year if you transfer. There are exceptions, the main one being a "bonafide change of residence", but none of those seem to apply in this case. Here is the link to the rule. Read it closely:

http://www.khsaa.org/handbook/bylaws/bylaw6.pdf