Mason County 62 Clark County 60

_MG_8225.jpg

_MG_8353.jpg

_MG_8366.jpg

_MG_8364.jpg

Is Cousins big or what!

_MG_8335.jpg

Be careful at Rupp MCHS, I hear there are going to be some Wildcats running around and they just finished eating a pack of bulldogs!

Good luck to all and goodnight.

Congratulations To Coach O'Hearn and the Mason County Royals!!!

Not bad for a coach who by reports in this forum is a joke, dosen't know what he is doing, is still being berated for losing to Bracken County when Darius was a freshman, and has no clue whatsoever how to manage his substitution patterns.

3 in a row and 7 of the last 9 regional titles for the Royals. Looks like the beleaguered coach is doing something right.

Sorry Goldie, can't be as calm as you have been tonight. Am upset that two 6'8 guys are jacking up 3's in the 4th quarter, no defense or very little at all on two 5"9 guys and Coach Hump getting out coached yet again in the big game. Very upset at the Cardinals, who I looked forward to seeing at Rupp this year, as I did last year. What's the saying? fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, I forget the rest. Better get to bed, got to get up early.:walk:
''

I saw several familiar Bracken County faces across the way last night. Maybe one of these days the Royals will step out of character and let one of these get away from them; I know it must be tough on my friends to the west having to watch the blue and white at Rupp year in and year out.:thumb:

Mason County 9 20 11 22 -- 62

Clark County 16 14 16 14 -- 60

MC: Gilbert 6 4-7 16, J.Lang 4 5-6 16, Setty 4 0-0 10, Bluford 1 1-5 3, B.Lang 0 0-2 0, Pawsat 3 1-4 8, Black 3 0-0 7, Harris 0 2-2 2. Totals 21 13-26 62.

CC: Daniel 1 0-0 3, Stenzel 4 3-3 12, Purvis 2 1-2 7, Zollo 8 2-2 19, Rogers 6 5-9 17, Kindred 1 0-0 2. Totals 22 11-16 60.

3-pointers: MC 7 (J.Lang 3, Setty 2, Black, Pawsat); CC 5 (Purvis 2, Daniel, Stenzel, Zollo).

Records: Mason County 23-6, Clark County 26-7.

Game story

Wow this is not what I expected but I was very impressed with the Mason Co guards when they traveled to Ft. Thomas and took on the Birds early in the season. I know Pawsat was out but the Birds took it to them and won and I still thought Mason Co was a very good team. They obviously have improved and I also like the way Coach Ohearn uses his bench. Those boys have some nice size and also playing on your home floor has to be more comfortable then traveling.

Gotta also give some respect to GRC, they have beaten some very very good teams this year and I expect them to possibly be a top 3 team in the state next year with all the studs they return.

Good Luck to the Royals downstate !

Panda and D-series you guys rock. I hope you both will be at the Sweet 16 and capture the action down there.

Edited by Qryche11

A few observations from an innocent by-standard:

*This game proved that free throws don't win championships, but defense and determination does. MC shoots 50% from the line and still wins!

*There are some very childish adults in the world and I think most of them were in the Fieldhouse last night. There was a group of guys on the Mason Co. side sitting on the top row of the bottom section that acted like 5 year olds when things didn't go MC's way. GROW UP!

*Great crowd and great atmosphere as usual on Championship night at the Fieldhouse.

Best of luck to Coach O'Hern and the Royals at Rupp.

I have a question just because I don't have alot of knowledge about this region. Why do they play the region tourney on Mason County's home court?

Most other regions use a neutral site: Johnson Arena, Expo Center, Bellarmine, Diddle...etc.

Is this just the best venue in the region or what?

Thanks!

I have a question just because I don't have alot of knowledge about this region. Why do they play the region tourney on Mason County's home court?

Most other regions use a neutral site: Johnson Arena, Expo Center, Bellarmine, Diddle...etc.

Is this just the best venue in the region or what?

Thanks!

:popcorn: