Mason County 62 Clark County 60

Sorry Goldie, can't be as calm as you have been tonight. Am upset that two 6'8 guys are jacking up 3's in the 4th quarter, no defense or very little at all on two 5"9 guys and Coach Hump getting out coached yet again in the big game. Very upset at the Cardinals, who I looked forward to seeing at Rupp this year, as I did last year. What's the saying? fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, I forget the rest. Better get to bed, got to get up early.:walk:

You win with class and you lose with class. I have great parents that taught me this.

I offer up one word...Classic. I put this as the one of the best high school games I have seen since I can remember. My ears are still literally ringing from the crowd noise.

Bass-keet-ball time in the Commonwealth!

4419257438_e8f5b4eafb_b.jpg

A few observations from my perspective:

Gilbert and Lang deserve all the praise they can get for this win. They put intense pressure on Clark County all night. Gilbert gave up about 8" in height to Daniels but during one stretch he stole the ball from him, made a 3, hit a lay up off of a head fake and drive around, and hit a free throw line jumper by using a stop and go when GRC relaxed.

Lang's defense wore on GRC.

GRC shot way too many 3 pointers.

I would like to know the rebounding stats. This might be the first game all year where GRC's opponent got as many offensive rebounds as they did. Bluford, Pawsat, Setty and Black did quite a job blocking out and getting rebounds.

Chris O'Hearn is a great coach. Did anyone else see him point with both hands to the heavens just after the final horn? - I'm sure he was honoring his mother.

One of O'Hearn's quotes on the post game show, "I have a bunch of intelligent guys who played their guts out and carried out the game plan. We thought we could wear them out and we did."

An interesting photo that I seen was the one with Blueford and Zollo. Zollo would not look him in his eyes. This is kind of the mentality that he plays with also by wanting to be on the perimeter. As big as he is, he should of dominated the game tonight in the paint. He needs to get tougher and meaner and quit the show boating.

Panda- lots and lots of talk on here about atmosphere...your pics capture it perfectly. Awesome job getting all of the angles. How many guys did you have covering the game for you. Looked like you were everywhere.

Me and the rest of the 8th Region Fans san't wait to see your 8th Region pics tomorrow night.

Panda- lots and lots of talk on here about atmosphere...your pics capture it perfectly. Awesome job getting all of the angles. How many guys did you have covering the game for you. Looked like you were everywhere.

Me and the rest of the 8th Region Fans san't wait to see your 8th Region pics tomorrow night.

It's just good having you work for me D series. Takes some of the pressure off.

It really was high level basketball from both teams. If the fans really can be a sixth man then there were twelve players on the floor tonight.

Congrats to both, sorry to sneak in on the action but it was really a blast.