Big Day In Danville

ADopted ADmiral

I'm currently in keystone co. and AA informed me of the vote! I cast an absentee vote before I left so I feel I did my part to move Danville into the 21st century.

More like 1933, but better late than never.:thumb:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boyd County became "moist" a year or two ago. It's pretty nice to have a few places to grab a meal and a cold beer without having to drive to Ashland.

I'd love to see Boyd become "wet." I currently drive to Kenova (WV) to buy my beer because it's closer than Ashland.

True story: I showed up at the church today to vote (yes, the church) and there was a man in the parking lot that more than under the influence. When I stepped out of my car, he screamed, "here comes a YES!!! Whewwww!!!"

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Congrats to all the Danville folk!!! Who's having the party in a couple months? :D

Now that the election is over, I have heard some interesting discussions this morning about it. There are several people at my work that said they would have voted NO, but since the religious group was planning to try to shut down all alcohol sales in the town, they actually decided to vote YES.

The group of folks that threatened to shut down alcohol sales in restaraunts actually shot themselves in the foot. By making such threats, they actually turned many No's into Yes.

On a side note, there is one lady at work that said she was literally in tears because she was forced to vote Yes when she really wanted to vote No. I mean, I'm all for elections and stuff, but come on.

Funny but true story. My family moved to Laurel County from Louisville in 1969. The concept of a dry county surprised my father. Somewhere in the early 1970's, there was talk of a wet/dry vote. My dad, .... pulling his employer's float with his El Camino in the Homecoming Parade, endeared himself to the 99% Protestant community by holding up a sign as he pulled the float that simply said 'VOTE WET'. We joke that this set our Catholic reputation in the community back a few decades!!

London went moist several years ago. The restaurants who are serving have done exceedingly well. I really hope we can have a full wet/dry vote soon. The county has run out of money the past year and this could sure generate some nice tax revenue.

Also, I would probably rather have people buying their alcohol in our county (legally) than driving to Richmond or Jellico, giving them our money OR drinking at a restaurant and driving home after a few too many.

Congrats to Danville!!!