Grant County Head Coach Job

marvel

Is Grant only interested in hiring an experienced head coach or are they looking to possibly get a young coach in there that may have less experience but will be highly motivated to get the feeder program to the level that needs to be at?

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb: nice comments! :thumb:

Exactly, why all the personally crap that was listed in shotdoc's pros and cons! I do believe it was taken to vote for the boosters to pay for an asst. coach salary to be added to the staff to assist in the elm. program. If it was paid or if the elm. program was profitable enough to pay for itself are figures I haven't seen on a fiancial report and don t care. The most important thing at hand is that GCHS needs a COACH and staff and they need everyones help! So volunteer a hour, come show your support, encourage a player or even a new player to try out. Anything to improve a program!

Is Grant only interested in hiring an experienced head coach or are they looking to possibly get a young coach in there that may have less experience but will be highly motivated to get the feeder program to the level that needs to be at?

I think more of a man who has no intention or retiring soon but has experience as well. Get a good, smart, experienced coach and going to the feeder system would be a given IMO

Sounds like Coach Kinman left someone a lot of cleaning up to do. shouldn't the feeder systems and all that already be in place?

They're in place, they just need some work. The younger kids are doing more now than in previous years.

Sounds like Coach Kinman left someone a lot of cleaning up to do. shouldn't the feeder systems and all that already be in place?

Like madman said, just a little cleaning up to do. Coach Kinmon worked his butt off in the program. He was well respected around Grant Co. he also put in work that was not necassary in the elem. programs as well.

They're in place, they just need some work. The younger kids are doing more now than in previous years.

I know they used to play in the AAU league with the A schools from Williamstown, Henry, Walton, Owen, Carroll, Trimble, and Gallatin but they did not play this year.

I know they used to play in the AAU league with the A schools from Williamstown, Henry, Walton, Owen, Carroll, Trimble, and Gallatin but they did not play this year.

Actually Coach Kinmon is coaching his son's team (6th grade) in a league. I guess he couldn't stay away from it!!!!:D

I don't think it's the elementary level that needs the improvement as much as the middle school. There are plenty of kids playing before they hit the 6th grade. The problem is so many of them are cut at 6th grade tryouts. I think having an A team and a B team and playing the more advanced kids up a grade level would help a lot by the time those kids get to high school. Grant is very bad about not playing up a kid who is in 7th grade and good enough to play 8th grade, etc. But the parents complain when a kid is moved up. Lot of work to be done. :idunno: