Grant County Head Coach Job

marvel

Has Jon Jones told you this specifically???

He has not came out and said this, but it is the vibe that I get when talking to him. Gallatin County's Freshman, JV and Varsity beat the Braves this year, all pretty handedly. So why would he want to go somewhere where he has to work harder to build what he already has going here?

I don't think Jon jones wants it. I don;t think he wants to coach for much longer. He's nearing his 27 years and probably wants to buff up his retirement by going into administration.

Jones is already in adminstration, he is the AD and the Dean of Students for Gallatin County High.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am amazed where some of you dig up some information. Summarized it looks like...

Jon Jones? got it to good at the other GC :D

Steve Simpson? got the shaft the last time he was at Grant :cry:

Tim Mefford? Wow! :eek:

Billy Hicks? Your Crazy! :lol:

Steve Wright? Wishful! :cool:

Kevin Wright? Can't apply? :walk:

Scott Hundley? good fit :thumb:

Darrell Guffey? good fit, will not apply :thumb:

Jason Hinson? Has some good experience

Brandon Cox? long shot:idunno:

Utter??? 10 win season, only 5 wins from utter after kinmon resigned at the end Dec. :confused:

And I am sure this is just the begining of the list. :puke:

Part of the process is coaches wanting the job too. Winning is very important to coaches otherwise they are out of the job. If the coach thinks he can win there then he might be more interested in coming. What will the new coach be inheriting? What kind of team does Grant County have coming back?

By the way, I had an opportunity to attend a game a Grant County this season and I must say that their support staff (Score keeper, stats guys, etc.) were first class! Keep that up and you'll get the coach you want!

Why apply at Grant?

1-Opportunity, it is a head coaching position.

2-It is a good location. Rural but still close to Northern Ky.

3-The support staff is excellant becuase they have done it for twenty 25+ years

4-Opportunity to compete in the top half of the 8th region.

5-Opportunity to improve school. In the last 10 season Grant is 134-155, with only 1 winning season in the past 6 years. If you can go a little over 500 you have done a major accomplishment.

6-You have a lot of guards returning with experience to start "rebuilding" (3 starters at guards, 2 guard subs averaging double digit minutes).

8-The freshman and JV teams were successful this year at Grant.

7-Winnning does not matter

Reasons NOT to apply at Grant?

1-Winning does not matter within school district. Only matters to coaches, players, and fans. Winning is not a priority.

2-You will never get the gym time your team deserves. When you do get gym time there will be 2 other teams running and lifting during your practice in the gym.

3-Support staff may not stay much longer.

4-You have a school board members kid, ast. superindants kid, booster presidents grand kid on the team...that of course do not get to play enough.

5-You are going to be one of the smallest teams in the region for the next 3-5 years.

6-The feeder sytem of the district needs a lot of improvement. Middle school and elementary schoools.

7-Time. You will need serveral years to fix issues that may not be able to be fixed by a coach.

8-All athletics at Grant are not as important as they are in all other schools. It is not used to build school spirit, morale, and generate pride.

9-Change is going to be difficult on the community since Kinmon was there for 11 years.

10-Best chances of winning involves lots of cuts and self motivated individuals.

GOOD LUCK TO THE NEW COACH and the Future Braves!

He has not came out and said this, but it is the vibe that I get when talking to him. Gallatin County's Freshman, JV and Varsity beat the Braves this year, all pretty handedly. So why would he want to go somewhere where he has to work harder to build what he already has going here?

Jones is already in adminstration, he is the AD and the Dean of Students for Gallatin County High.

Did not know that. I'm sure he has it made in Gallatin then. Hard to compete with that.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule 13

I don't think change will be hard for the community. Kinmon seems to support the school and community as a whole. I don't think he will be in the way of progress for the program. He has a kid coming up and I am sure he wants to see the program be successful.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule 13

My vote goes for Mr. Scott Hundley.

Plus for him former Mr. Basketball and Division 1 player at Vandy. Has been asst. under Billy Hicks and Keith Griesser . And on a personal note he is a quality guy and know's basketball inside and out, will bring alot of intensity as a coach.:ylsuper:

My vote goes for Mr. Scott Hundley.

Plus for him former Mr. Basketball and Division 1 player at Vandy. Has been asst. under Billy Hicks and Keith Griesser . And on a personal note he is a quality guy and know's basketball inside and out, will bring alot of intensity as a coach.:ylsuper:

That is an impressive resume. On a side note....its always good to bring someone who has no ties to the program except that he played against Grant Co in his high school career.

Agreed. My applogies if I offended anyone in My Pros and Cons post.

I don't think change will be hard for the community. Kinmon seems to support the school and community as a whole. I don't think he will be in the way of progress for the program. He has a kid coming up and I am sure he wants to see the program be successful.