Grant County Head Coach Job

marvel

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard that Coach Guffey (Grant's girls coach) is interested in the boys job. The majority of his coaching experience is with boys.

I'd say the girl's program is probably more suited to turn the corner then the boy's. He probably should stay where he is.

Is Steve Wright from Grant Co?

I think Wright is actually from Boone County. I know he was the head coach at Walton for a while. His father owned a restaurant/club in Covington and then opened one in the Walton area. So Wright is from the Northern Kentucky area but not specifically Grant County. But he has been gone for probably 20 years and why would he leave his current job for Grant County?

What about Frommeyer (frosh coach from Scott)? There was another thread where he was heralded as the Messiah. Maybe he should look to throw his hat in the ring. I mean he did have the coaching moment where he patted the kid on the back for throwing the ball away. Just my 2 cents.....

I think Wright is actually from Boone County. I know he was the head coach at Walton for a while. His father owned a restaurant/club in Covington and then opened one in the Walton area. So Wright is from the Northern Kentucky area but not specifically Grant County. But he has been gone for probably 20 years and why would he leave his current job for Grant County?

I think Steve was on the "wish list" by many at Grant County the last time the job opened up (1999). He didn't come then, and don't think he'd come now.

Jason Hinson is the current assistant coach at Augusta. He was head coach at St. Pat for 4 seasons. He got them to the Class A region finals in his first season and led them to the 10 region last year where they played Clark Co. very tough before falling in the last minutes. Before he was at St. Pat he was an assistant at Deming for 3 years. He coached boys and girls middle school at Bracken Co. for many years prior to that.