Has Rick Pitino lost his mojo?

SEMPERFIFALCON

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could very well be true but his resume at UL looks much better since the arrival of Cal.

Before Cal, Rick had a Final Four and two Elite Eights. With Cal he's at two Final Fours. Not really much difference.

The fact is, no one is operating in a vacuum, it's a zero sum game, a lot of it is luck, and we judge entire seasons on a single elimination tournament played by 18 year olds.

Before Cal, Rick had a Final Four and two Elite Eights. With Cal he's at two Final Fours. Not really much difference.

The fact is, no one is operating in a vacuum, it's a zero sum game, a lot of it is luck, and we judge entire seasons on a single elimination tournament played by 18 year olds.

That's 2 Final Fours in 4 years. How many years before Cal's arrival at UK?

Before Cal (8 years) - 1 Final Four (blown out), 2 Elite Eights, 2 NITs, One time eliminated in 1st round and twice in the 2nd round.

Since Cal (4 years) - 2 Final Fours (possibly a title) and twice eliminated in the 1st round of tournament.

I'd say that is a pretty significant difference.

It's hilarious to see UK fans trying to credit their coach for anything Pitino does. Pitino's a better coach than Cal, IMO. It was true when Cal was at UMass, and it's true today. Calipari is the best recruiter in the country, without a doubt.

It's hilarious to see UK fans trying to credit their coach for anything Pitino does. Pitino's a better coach than Cal, IMO. It was true when Cal was at UMass, and it's true today. Calipari is the best recruiter in the country, without a doubt.

It's even funnier to see Louisville fans see things that simply aren't there. Nobody gave Calipari credit for what Pitino has done.

I am a die hard UK fan and would not trade Cal for any coach, but this is spot on IMO. Cal is the best at getting the talent, but nobody in the country is close to Pitino in getting the most out of his talent. I bet Pitino looks at UK's teams the 3 previous years and says "I'd love to take yours and play mine". This year Cal was on the other side of that IMO.

Before Cal (8 years) - 1 Final Four (blown out), 2 Elite Eights, 2 NITs, One time eliminated in 1st round and twice in the 2nd round.

Since Cal (4 years) - 2 Final Fours (possibly a title) and twice eliminated in the 1st round of tournament.

I'd say that is a pretty significant difference.

It's even funnier to see Louisville fans see things that simply aren't there. Nobody gave Calipari credit for what Pitino has done.

Hey, if that's not what this was about, then my bad. Maybe I was seeing something that wasn't there.

Hey, if that's not what this was about, then my bad. Maybe I was seeing something that wasn't there.

Believe he's just saying that having Kentucky as a national contender again is good for Louisville and likewise for Kentucky. It's good for both programs that both Louisville and Kentucky are among the nations elite.

I am a die hard UK fan and would not trade Cal for any coach, but this is spot on IMO. Cal is the best at getting the talent, but nobody in the country is close to Pitino in getting the most out of his talent. I bet Pitino looks at UK's teams the 3 previous years and says "I'd love to take yours and play mine". This year Cal was on the other side of that IMO.

It is funny when people breakdown being a coach as either a recruiter or an X's and O's guys. In reality, the elite level guys can do it all. Cal is the best at getting top tier talent and getting that talent to buy into his system. Rick supposedly gets the most out of his talent but to date, only has one title and it is with arguably the most talented team of all time.

Both are great.