Has Rick Pitino lost his mojo?

SEMPERFIFALCON

Wasn't U of L the overall #1 seed last year in the tourney? Their lack of success this year IMO is due to not having a legit #1 option and being inconsistent. There isn't much Pitino could do, and not too many coaches in America would do better with this U of L team. What more do they want?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read the blog this morning, Jones is such a homer that anyone who isn't a UK fan can't take him serious. That blog he wrote is way too slanted and bias. He knocks UofL for having an average season, and mentions nothing about them being in 3 of the last 5 elite 8's. Being the number one seed last year, and recently knocking off #2 Syracuse. No Pitino hasn't had the success he had at UK while at UofL. But UK hasn't had the success they had while he was there either. Things change, different circumstances, etc. In no way has he done a bad job, or is he washed up.

I think it's odd that he's so obsessed with Pitino and UofL. He just needs to enjoy the fantastic season UK is having, it's been a while. It's also pretty stupid of CBS to let a UK blogger write a slam piece on UofL. Jones is not an "insider" and really doesn't seem to know a lot about basketball in general. He's a blogger that figured out a way to get a press pass.

He just likes getting a rise out of UofL fans, at the end of the day he's nothing more than a UK fan himself. He's not a journalist. End of story.

I would bet that a lot of people would have thought Pitino would have had more success at UL than he has had.

This is spot on, most had the unrealistic hopes and dreams of a repeat UK performance from him. That was a magical run, and hasn't been close to being duplicated. However, I do think he has done an above average job and I think this blog written by Jones is a joke. UofL has had a lot of success in the last 5 years in the toughest conference in America. Far from being Ali at the end of his career, etc.

I read the blog this morning, Jones is such a homer that anyone who isn't a UK fan can't take him serious. That blog he wrote is way too slanted and bias. He knocks UofL for having an average season, and mentions nothing about them being in 3 of the last 5 elite 8's. Being the number one seed last year, and recently knocking off #2 Syracuse. No Pitino hasn't had the success he had at UK while at UofL. But UK hasn't had the success they had while he was there either. Things change, different circumstances, etc. In know way has he done a bad job, or his he washed up.

I think it's odd that he's so obsessed with Pitino and UofL. He just needs to enjoy the fantastic season UK is having, it's been a while. It's also pretty stupid of CBS to let a UK blogger write a slam piece on UofL. Jones is not an "insider" and really doesn't seem to know a lot about basketball in general. He's a blogger that figured out a way to get a press pass.

He just likes getting a rise out of UofL fans, at the end of the day he's nothing more than a UK fan himself. He's not a journalist. End of story.

Is that any different than ESPN and Pat Forde?

As for the slams on Jones, while you are somewhat correct, he and his site are a much bigger name than you are portraying. They have podcasts that usually rate in the Top 3 in downloads of all sports podcats on iTunes. Check the guests he's had and you'd realize he is a much bigger player than you think, regardless of how he got there.

Is that any different than ESPN and Pat Forde?

As for the slams on Jones, while you are somewhat correct, he and his site are a much bigger name than you are portraying. They have podcasts that usually rate in the Top 3 in downloads of all sports podcats on iTunes. Check the guests he's had and you'd realize he is a much bigger player than you think, regardless of how he got there.

Yeah it's a lot different. Forde is not a UofL fan (despite what UK fans think). Forde is a Colorado fan, a transplant to Louisville. He is actually responsible for getting the Cards in trouble with the NCAA (Samaki Walker). Forde might be anti-UK, but that doesn't make him pro-UofL.

Jones is a UK homer, and a lawyer. I'm well aware of his podcast and guest, that still doesn't make him a crediable journalist. Just means he's a good salesman to the BBN. If he's gonna slam UofL and Pitino on his site that's fine, but on his "roadtrip" is a little silly. It makes him look unprofessional IMO.

And people want to cry about Pat Forde, and his articles on Kentucky. . The Cardinals were the #1 seed in the tournament last year. They are 9-5 in the best league in the country, beat Syracuse on their home court, gave the #2 team in the country (who by the way has far superior talent) a scare on their home court, and is a team that I'm sure most coaches don't want to see in their bracket come tournament time. A joke of an article written by a guy who felt portrayed by Pitino 23 years ago, and has never gotten over it. Total garbage IMO.

Well said, I should of read this before I posted reply.:thumb:

So you’re saying Pitino is the same guy as he was in the 90's? If so I would have to disagree. I think it's pretty obvious that Pitino doesn't have the passion on the sideline he once did, I don't know if that’s just the natural progression of a coach or what but to me it's pretty clear he's a different guy.

I am not saying he is the same guy. Because every coach changes as the mature. I think he is a better coach now than he was in the 90's.

Then he was ahead of the game. Everyone had to work hard to get to his level. AAU basketball has changed college coaching. So many kids are going to schools that they didn't go to in the 90's.

I believe Pitino is still one of the best coaches in the game , I honestly just wished he wasn't at The U of L so I could cheer for him . With that being said I don't believe he will be there much longer. The scandal and everything has to be very stressful on his family. Would the crowds be as vocal in the NBA about a certain lady in his life and it not being his wife? Such as these 20 year old college students , That are standing and screaming Karen Sypher . Has to be a very tough position ,either way I still feel he is a quality coach .

Wasn't U of L the overall #1 seed last year in the tourney? Their lack of success this year IMO is due to not having a legit #1 option and being inconsistent. There isn't much Pitino could do, and not too many coaches in America would do better with this U of L team. What more do they want?

I don't think his coaching has changed at all but his recruiting has tailed off quite a bit.

I agree with all of these!

Yeah it's a lot different. Forde is not a UofL fan (despite what UK fans think). Forde is a Colorado fan, a transplant to Louisville. He is actually responsible for getting the Cards in trouble with the NCAA (Samaki Walker). Forde might be anti-UK, but that doesn't make him pro-UofL.

Jones is a UK homer, and a lawyer. I'm well aware of his podcast and guest, that still doesn't make him a crediable journalist. Just means he's a good salesman to the BBN. If he's gonna slam UofL and Pitino on his site that's fine, but on his "roadtrip" is a little silly. It makes him look unprofessional IMO.

But he is much more than a "blogger with a media pass."

I'm seen articles on CBS and plenty of other sites that are way more off base than this one.

Hard to be a good salesman to BBN without jabs at Louisville.

But he is much more than a "blogger with a media pass."

I'm seen articles on CBS and plenty of other sites that are way more off base than this one.

Hard to be a good salesman to BBN without jabs at Louisville.

He's good at what he does, I'll pay him that compliment. You know as well as I that no one outside of UK likes him though. And that's fine, because BBN is a pretty big audience.

I don't see how a UK fan could not like the site.

He's done a very nice job putting together a staff that make the site a must for UK fans. No denying that. On the flip side Jones is one of the biggest flakes you'll ever meet, and while I can give the site credit for its success, that doesn't mean it changes my opinion of the guy after numerous first hand encounters...

He's done a very nice job putting together a staff that make the site a must for UK fans. No denying that. On the flip side Jones is one of the biggest flakes you'll ever meet, and while I can give the site credit for its success, that doesn't mean it changes my opinion of the guy after numerous first hand encounters...

He's definitely a dork.

Louisville has gotten a bad rap this year. They've been screwed in a few games that they should've won.

I wouldn't say that Pitino has lost his mojo, but I think his time at Louisville is coming near an end.