Has Rick Pitino lost his mojo?

SEMPERFIFALCON

Pretty good article from Matt Jones who is currently doing a 10 day road trip for CBS Sports. Word is it has a lot f UL fans upset, but IMO it's pretty accurate and something that has been pointed out by UL fans on BGP as well as other sites, I wonder why UL fans are so upset, is it because they disagree with the article or don't like that a UK guy wrote it?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/12955173/pitino-plods-along-without-his-former-mojo

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And people want to cry about Pat Forde, and his articles on Kentucky. . The Cardinals were the #1 seed in the tournament last year. They are 9-5 in the best league in the country, beat Syracuse on their home court, gave the #2 team in the country (who by the way has far superior talent) a scare on their home court, and is a team that I'm sure most coaches don't want to see in their bracket come tournament time. A joke of an article written by a guy who felt portrayed by Pitino 23 years ago, and has never gotten over it. Total garbage IMO.

This guy don't have a clue. I put no stock into what he is saying.

So you’re saying Pitino is the same guy as he was in the 90's? If so I would have to disagree. I think it's pretty obvious that Pitino doesn't have the passion on the sideline he once did, I don't know if that’s just the natural progression of a coach or what but to me it's pretty clear he's a different guy.

So you’re saying Pitino is the same guy as he was in the 90's? If so I would have to disagree. I think it's pretty obvious that Pitino doesn't have the passion on the sideline he once did, I don't know if that’s just the natural progression of a coach or what but to me it's pretty clear he's a different guy.

Has Roy Williams shown the same passion this year that he did the last few years? I think some people confuse less talent for lack of passion.

And people want to cry about Pat Forde, and his articles on Kentucky. . The Cardinals were the #1 seed in the tournament last year. They are 9-5 in the best league in the country, beat Syracuse on their home court, gave the #2 team in the country (who by the way has far superior talent) a scare on their home court, and is a team that I'm sure most coaches don't want to see in their bracket come tournament time. A joke of an article written by a guy who felt portrayed by Pitino 23 years ago, and has never gotten over it. Total garbage IMO.

A lot of things have happened since the end of last season... I'm not saying that Pitino won't have UL back on top but he does seem different to me at times, almost like a broken beatdown man who is in bad need of a break...

A lot of things have happened since the end of last season... I'm not saying that Pitino won't have UL back on top but he does seem different to me at times, almost like a broken beatdown man who is in bad need of a break...

I don't think there's any doubt that this has been a very stressful year for him.

Has Roy Williams shown the same passion this year that he did the last few years? I think some people confuse less talent for lack of passion.

Absolutely he has shown the passion, have you not read the quotes and seen the interviews? He even referred to this season as a catastrophe which didn't go over very well seeing how it was said around the time of the Haiti earthquake...

I don't see it as a "joke of an article" but it is obvious he is a UK homer and he would be the first to tell you.

I would bet that a lot of people would have thought Pitino would have had more success at UL than he has had.

Absolutely he has shown the passion, have you not read the quotes and seen the interviews? He even referred to this season as a catastrophe which didn't go over very well seeing how it was said around the time of the Haiti earthquake...

I certainly haven't seen it in the games I've watched. He looks like a beaten coach with no fire whatsoever.

I would bet that a lot of people would have thought Pitino would have had more success at UL than he has had.

I don't doubt that a bit. There were probably a lot of people that expected him to pick up right where he left off at Kentucky. That wasn't going to happen.

I believe Pitino is still one of the best coaches in the game , I honestly just wished he wasn't at The U of L so I could cheer for him . With that being said I don't believe he will be there much longer. The scandal and everything has to be very stressful on his family. Would the crowds be as vocal in the NBA about a certain lady in his life and it not being his wife? Such as these 20 year old college students , That are standing and screaming Karen Sypher . Has to be a very tough position ,either way I still feel he is a quality coach .