Why can't the public school powers that be get this one through their thick skulls?

theguru

They can't. We can't put every bad kid in Buechel. Its not big enough. And you can't kick them out all together. They have to be educated. Thats a national law.

I know it's a law, but there needs to be a change in that law, if there is no true discipline. I'm sorry, but the problem is not the private schools. The problem is in a law that does not allow for a school to discipline it's students to the point that they can finally not allow that student in their school.

Don't blame the private schools. Blame the parents who've sued the public school systems, the parents who WON'T discipline their kids. Don't blame my kid or punish my kid, or his school, because he behaves, and his school won't tolerate anything less.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Lex Catholic and Sacred Heart have won the past 5 state basketball titles in girls, you can throw basketball in there too. And I believe Assumption or Notre Dame passes around the volleyball title. Sacred Heart hed the state title in volleyball, soccer and basketball all in the same season 2-3 years back. Presently, they are #1 in the state and ranked nationally in soccer. Did not Owensboro Catholic not win the state softball title recently?

Girls b-ball since 1990 6 out of 16

Baseball 3/16

Boys basketball 2/16

Boys Golf 8/15

Girls Golf 2/15

Girls Soccer 4/15

Boys Soccer 5/15

Football:

A 0/15

AA 0/15

AAA 3/15

AAAA 10/15

So the inequities seem to be in AAAA football, volleyball, and boys golf. If you want to take a short-term view, add in girls basketball.

I know it's a law, but there needs to be a change in that law, if there is no true discipline. I'm sorry, but the problem is not the private schools. The problem is in a law that does not allow for a school to discipline it's students to the point that they can finally not allow that student in their school.

Don't blame the private schools. Blame the parents who've sued the public school systems, the parents who WON'T discipline their kids. Don't blame my kid or punish my kid, or his school, because he behaves, and his school won't tolerate anything less.

Very, Very, Very Good post!!! :thumb:

You can not spell out misconduct of other schools. You will be suspended or banned.

Contact the KHSAA. It's been said over and over. If you know something, contact them. If you don't there's no one to blame but yourself (using the words "you" and "yourself" as a collective term for anyone with knowledge of such activities).

Here's the e-mail address for the KHSAA: general@khsaa.org.

well we were kind of off subject rockmom. I wasn't referring to the private schools at all when talking to you. I was referring to the public schools such as Male and Butler who are supposed to be public schools but don't have to follow the same rules. Who can accept any kid or kick any kid out. Which the Private schools can od the same.

well we were kind of off subject rockmom. I wasn't referring to the private schools at all when talking to you. I was referring to the public schools such as Male and Butler who are supposed to be public schools but don't have to follow the same rules. Who can accept any kid or kick any kid out. Which the Private schools can od the same.

Oh....now I feel like I was up on a soap box, and someone kicked it out from under me. :lol:

Baseball 3/16

Boys basketball 2/16

Boys Golf 8/15

Girls Golf 2/15

Girls Soccer 4/15

Boys Soccer 5/15

Football:

A 0/15

AA 0/15

AAA 3/15

AAAA 10/15

So the inequities seem to be in AAAA football, volleyball, and boys golf. If you want to take a short-term view, add in girls basketball.

This just makes the powers that be and their gripe look even more ridiculous.

Thanks cshs81.

Exactly, but that's the whole point. We're stuck with what we have. It's not your fault, it's not mine, but the whole argument is equality, a level playing field. That's why I think there will never be a solution other than separation. It would be stupid (and actually mean spirited) to ask the privates to give up what they have. By the same token, it has built in advantages that the publics by law can not have. This is one of those riddles that have no answer and if it were not for the arrogance of some that believe the only difference is that the public schools are just too lazy to improve I would not even bother to read these threads.

Exactly, but that's the whole point. We're stuck with what we have. It's not your fault, it's not mine, but the whole argument is equality, a level playing field. That's why I think there will never be a solution other than separation. It would be stupid (and actually mean spirited) to ask the privates to give up what they have. By the same token, it has built in advantages that the publics by law can not have. This is one of those riddles that have no answer and if it were not for the arrogance of some that believe the only difference is that the public schools are just too lazy to improve I would not even bother to read these threads.

Yes you would. :lol:

For the record, I do believe that is part of the problem. Not all, but part. I think it begins with the feeder schools and their athletic programs, or lack thereof.

It seems simple to me, you just play whoever the opposition is. When you get on the field of competition, it is 11 against 11 or 5 on 5, and it's really irrelevant where the opponent lives or how they got to that particular school. Sure things are not equal or necessarily fair due to many different factors including school size, ability to attract players from outside their district, finances, etc., but life is not always going to be fair either.

I see no reason to change the system as it is now. Just because you cannot win a state championship should not diminish other goals attained and life lessons learned along the way.

Baseball 3/16

Boys basketball 2/16

Boys Golf 8/15

Girls Golf 2/15

Girls Soccer 4/15

Boys Soccer 5/15

Football:

A 0/15

AA 0/15

AAA 3/15

AAAA 10/15

Pretty much what I thought; with the facts presented the way cshs81 posted, there's not a lot of mystery about what this is really about.

Not so ridiculous when you look at how recent some of these wins are.

I guess my question would be, since the private schools successes ARE so recent, doesn't that say anything about their committment to improve, versus trying to change the rules so that they'll win more?